*228 destroys sim card

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had a different issue. My upgrade was available on a different line. Apparently when you upgrade it immediately burns the sim card of the device and there's nothing you can do about it. So, lucky me got to purchase a second sim card before I ever touched the phone @ $20. Super frustrating.

i did the same thing but i didn't need to pay 20 bucks. they did it over the phone. it took a while but it got done.

slowr6

Reaction score
Ok, I have always used *228 to activate my phones. I like to switch between all my phones on a regular basis. So how would I got about this with my tb?

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Ok, I have always used *228 to activate my phones. I like to switch between all my phones on a regular basis. So how would I got about this with my tb?

If you are switching from the tb to another future VZW LTE phone you simply swap the sim card. No idea about switching from the tb to an older 3g phone, I assume you just remove the sim from the tb and call *228 from the 3g device. You would then switch back to the tb by inserting the sim. Again, I'm not sure on this but that's the way I understand it.

Sent from my ADR6400L

cdogg777

Reaction score
I went to verizon store yesterday. They saw my TB, i told them i get poor signal at work. TWO of them told me to go outside and do *228. I tried it today, hangs up immediately. That's how i found this topic. And now i know why it hangs up! Thank god.

(dumbass employees? or it's not widely known yet?)

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
(dumbass employees? or it's not widely known yet?)

I would say a little of both. In store reps often know less that the people here. So as we say...a little from column A and a little from column B.

Welcome to the forum BTW. Also try our sister site Thunderboltforums.com.

sent from somewhere...

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Deactivating a TB to swap to another device makes the sim useless. You have to get a replacement from VZW before you can reactivate the TB

bernardino5

Reaction score
When 4g went down my sim card got fried cause I kept messing with the phone not knowing 4g was down,anyway when I went to Verizon the rep said that Verizon is trying to put all of our info in that sim card so in the near future if u have 3 phones u like just swap the card to another phone and walla it's usable/connected u won't need to do anything but install the sim card pretty cool ha.

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

bernardino5

Reaction score
So my guess is that Verizon will eventually get rid of *228

"ThuNd3rB0lT"

Shubox

Reaction score
I just did the *22899 and it gave me the update...... :p

I am kidding of course

Sent from my ADR6400L