2 quick questions

ardt64

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a Droid to the X.

1. I left for Puerto Rico just after getting it. Although I can use maps and sort of get driving directions, I cannot find the navigation app. So I can not get turn by turn directions. Is this because I am in PR or is it not auto installed. I tried to find google navigation in the app store and could not find it.

2. I read that Swype was supposed to be preinstalled, yet I cannot find it on my phone nor the app store.

From a clueless user.
Thanks

OP
A

ardt64

Reaction score
O.K. so I found the answer to #2

"Long press in any box you would type text into... input method box should come up, choose swype."

But I still don't know why I cannot get navigation to work. Is anyone else having issues with this?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Maps is the navigation....but you need cell service to be able to download the maps.

OP
A

ardt64

Reaction score
I have maps and a connection. I can get a direction list, but not a turn by turn navigation. On my old droid I would get a sort of different program when I asked for navigation, which I am not seeing here. I know it is weird and I wonder if it is because I am not on the main land.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is there not a Navigation in the apps Drawer? Has a big blue arrow as an Icon...

ryantbdm

Reaction score
Go to Car Home. It should be in there. Or go to maps and type in the address of the place you want to go or search for it. Then it should give you the option of getting directions or using navigation

chr1sny

Reaction score
I'm heading to the El Conquistador Resort in late August. How is verizon's network coverage in PR? Do you get data? How fast is it? Is it 3G?

Thanks!