Google Maps update 5.1.1 problems?

xliderider

Reaction score
After trying to troubleshoot why my Navigation gets stuck at "Getting Driving Directions" forever, I finally uninstalled Google Maps version 5.1.1 and went back to version 5.1.0 which I had in an Astro backup.

Everything is working as it should now. :)

Edit: I guess I should mention that I was using a Nav Launcher that had the destinations stored in them, but I tried using a shortcut with the destinations as well. Same problem, stuck at "Getting Driving Directions".

Last edited:

Jale

Reaction score
Confirmed problem with 5.1.0 (there is no 5.1.1 on the Google site - where did you find it?): There are many comments like that on the Google Map site about 5.1.0. I reinstalled 5.0.0 and that works as it should.

Last edited:
OP
xliderider

xliderider

Reaction score
I ended up reloading my custom rom and it fixed the problem, with all versions of Google Maps. It wasn't really a problem with Google Maps. You're right, I guess it was v5.1.0. :)

I was going to update the thread, but it seemed the thread died anyway, so I didn't.

Jale

Reaction score
Google Maps 5.1.0 navigation problem

I ended up reloading my custom rom and it fixed the problem, with all versions of Google Maps. It wasn't really a problem with Google Maps. You're right, I guess it was v5.1.0. :)

I was going to update the thread, but it seemed the thread died anyway, so I didn't.
I don't have a custom rom, just standard. This problem is reported many times on the forum:
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.apps.maps