2.3 Update

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Ok so that market update worked just fine. Thanks kmo and Bravesfan.

But, the Google+ update showed up today and I immediately got the "low on space". It took me over 400MB used but I still had over 300MB free!

I see from other threads that others have had this problem, even previous to gingerbread(?), but it seems to have gotten worse on gingerbread.

I did see this when I first updated to Gingerbread (did not have it on Froyo). But it went away of course when I did a factory reset as I had very few apps. But I hit the limit today I guess!

Also read that when this happens you don't get gmail syncing. Sure enough my pc said I had a new gmail that was not showing up on my phone. The mail had come in more than an hour previous. I started deleting apps that I didn't need and sure enough when I got below 400MB, the warning went away and my gmail immediately popped up. I've seen reference to the "application space bug"...I assume this is it.

So I guess this must be another issue they are working on hopefully!

I would just suggest putting your bigger apps on your sd card, I've heard the gingerbread update does nothing about the low space bug, unfortunately =/

The most incredible, incredible!

kck

Reaction score
Bravesfan if we guess the right page no. and then hurry up and get there will we get some gingerbread sooner :)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Bravesfan if we guess the right page no. and then hurry up and get there will we get some gingerbread sooner :)

Haha. I know it'll come back, I just dunno when yet. I'm not to worried to be honest. My upgrade is in november. I think I'll get the vigor if it's out then :)

MrBultitude

Reaction score
I got the new market update today auto. = : ]

Also noticed I see the UI restart more frequently with this gingerbread build. Hopefully a new update will be back soon.

I'm leaning more towards Moto for my upgrade as they seem to have better battery life, maybe X2, don't really need anything above 3G. But am interested to see what the new nexus phone looks like.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

kck

Reaction score
From everything I have read I am wondering if I should do a factory reset before I download the gingerbread update when it finally comes my way???

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Man I am definitely getting impatient.

I was a click away from flashing a GB ROM on my phone earlier today, but I need root still.

Cmon Verizon, roll out the updates again already

riko540

Reaction score

I was a click away from flashing a GB ROM on my phone earlier today, but I need root still.

From what I have read on XDA Developers you can flash the RUU and will still have root. I would defiantly do some research if you are looking to update now.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
From everything I have read I am wondering if I should do a factory reset before I download the gingerbread update when it finally comes my way???

Wait til AFTER the update. You may not need one at all. Just make sure all your apps are on your phone and not on your sd card when you update when it comes back.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I got the new market update today auto. = : ]

Also noticed I see the UI restart more frequently with this gingerbread build. Hopefully a new update will be back soon.

I'm leaning more towards Moto for my upgrade as they seem to have better battery life, maybe X2, don't really need anything above 3G. But am interested to see what the new nexus phone looks like.

You may not need anything over 3G right now, but think in 2 years, I very you'd like 4g then. You can always have 4g turned off til you need it.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score

I'd rather they fix the bugs before I put it on my phone.

MrBultitude

Reaction score
I hear ya. Front facing camera would also be nice for video chat seeing I have two grandchildren due in October. At least October & November look interesting from multiple points of view while we wait for the updated update. = : ]

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
From what I have read on XDA Developers you can flash the RUU and will still have root. I would defiantly do some research if you are looking to update now.

read around the xda dev forum and found a couple of 2.3 for Inc. Latest one I found was from May, and I think something was wrong with the file itself, something to do with MC5? I ended up not doing it since that part seemed off.

Don't think I'm gonna flash, was bored, had nothing else better to do and ending up reading about it. I manually updated to 2.2 on my Droid when it first came out and it's the same process, quite easy.

kmo

Reaction score
All I can say is if you really want GB root and download an aftermarket rom like MIUI or Cyanogenmod. These roms for sure are much more than you're going to get with the GB OTA VZW update. If it ever arrives.....Having complete access to my phone and customizing is fantastic. Had a replacement (INC) recently due to warranty issues and couldn't stand the 2.2 OS stock system compared to the rooted roms I was using. I know it's not for everyone but for those about to manually update to the OTA GB try rooting first, and compare. You can always go back to stock. Not sure why you would but it's relatively easy to root and un-root if you're even a little tech savy. Plus I can do what I want not subject to VZW's restrictions and bloatware, my phone is snappy and very stable running CM7 GB 2.3.4. I've talked to VZW a few times and no one knows, or has a straight answer for me when I ask what's up with this OTA update. It's typical VZW BS. Good luck with this update, hope all that are waiting get it soon. Might not be all it's cracked to be on this phone though, we've seen what's happened to the first release. It's non-existent for now. It's been 2 weeks since the initial release and still nothing. Personally, I have no faith in VZW or their technical expertise in these matters. Not letting consumers in on what's happening is just not right, somebody at VZW knows what's up with this issue, why not let the rest of us in on it?

kck

Reaction score
I e-mailed HTC this morning 9/23/11 and asked them=

What is the status of the Gingerbread update for the Droid Incredible has it been pulled? When I do receive it should I do a factory reset before I try to download it?

HTC Response=

I understand your concern about your device not yet receiving the Gingerbread update. I know how important it is to have latest updates for your device. I like to keep my device up to date when possible. I will be happy to assist you. The Gingerbread update was recently released. Over the Air updates are released in waves where a few thousand customers receive the update each day. It may take up to 5 weeks for all customers to receive the update. When the update is available, you will receive a notification alerting the update is ready for install. You may also manually check for updates by going to Settings> System Updates> HTC Software Update> Check Now. If there is an update available, you will be able to follow the prompts to start the update process. There is no need to perform a factory reset before you install any updates.

I Replied=

So you are telling me that the gingerbread update is still rolling out. I ask because it is reported to have been pulled on all of the different Droid Incredible forums.

HTC Response=

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Yes the Gingerbread update for the Incredible is still being pushed out. It has not been pulled from the servers. You should receive the update in the next few weeks.

Sincerely,

Lisa

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.