1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

2.2 yet?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by RnD_Solo, Aug 25, 2010.

1. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

has anyone got the X shipped with froyo yet?? just wondering if i should start looking for the ways to root it or what not, just in case mine comes with it.
  2. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Got mine today (shipped on Sunday), and it has 2.1 update 1 on it.
    So, I would guess that they haven't gotten it available yet.
  3. vatothe0

vatothe0 New Member

There isn't even an official release date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  4. Amagine

Amagine Member

not out yet.. and root on 2.2 is pretty similar to 2.1 any way.. won't be an issue when it comes out....
  5. Butthead007

Butthead007 New Member

Seriously, for the love of God, STOP.

The official statement is late summer. Why exactly would they send you a device pre-loaded with 2.2? Really?

Froyo does offer some performance enhancements. But the larger question is this: did you buy a device with the incredibly naive understanding that your devices would get every cool new piece of software that comes out?

Please, stop complaining. The only commitment from Verizon is that it is coming late summer. Checked your calendar?

Why exactly you need instant gratification for something is beyond me. You are probably one of those people who calls up screaming about all the problems you've had and demand a new device (e.g., screen timeout--dont want to hear how to adjust it but want a new phone--you know the latest one. I am a loyal customer and give it to me or I am leaving...lol)

Verizon messed up by their enthusiasm over Android. They promoted phones with great capabilities. People seem to think that getting the latest is going to improve their lives a little more and create something magical. well, if Flash and the new javascript V8 engine mean that much to you, then saber rattle all you want and just stop buying these phones. Your next crucial update may not support your phone and you whining is going to make me want to drive down the street and run people over out of spite.

I only say this after watching my second wife shake out of control with a flash back from her ex. He abused the crap out of her and his daughters. He knocked his own daughter out cold 3 times. So if you are not getting froyo in the time frame you'd like to believe you deserve it in, then hey, like denis leary said, "Like sucks, buy a helmet." I would add to that, "Stop being a selfish, self absorbed prick and be happy with your life.

People crack me up. Carry on....lol. I know I will be attacked for this, but hey, it is reality.
  6. idiotekniQues

idiotekniQues New Member

you got issues, up the meds. stop beating kids.
  7. RnD_Solo

RnD_Solo New Member

hey dirt bag....

#1...IT IS LATE SUMMER!

#2...Froyo IS that much better..
  8. Amagine

Amagine Member

seriously dude.. no body here was ranting on 2.2 not being out. go to bed and sleep it off.

or could a mod just delete this pointless post?
  9. philnolan3d

philnolan3d New Member

Summer goes late into September, so I wouldn't quite call it "late summer" yet. Personally I believe I heard Verizon say "early September".
  10. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Everybody feel better now?
  11. 2xhighpsi

2xhighpsi New Member

Hilarious!