2.2 yet?

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
has anyone got the X shipped with froyo yet?? just wondering if i should start looking for the ways to root it or what not, just in case mine comes with it.

Technoman

Reaction score
has anyone got the X shipped with froyo yet?? just wondering if i should start looking for the ways to root it or what not, just in case mine comes with it.

Got mine today (shipped on Sunday), and it has 2.1 update 1 on it.
So, I would guess that they haven't gotten it available yet.

vatothe0

Reaction score
There isn't even an official release date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
not out yet.. and root on 2.2 is pretty similar to 2.1 any way.. won't be an issue when it comes out....

Butthead007

Reaction score
Seriously, for the love of God, STOP.

The official statement is late summer. Why exactly would they send you a device pre-loaded with 2.2? Really?

Froyo does offer some performance enhancements. But the larger question is this: did you buy a device with the incredibly naive understanding that your devices would get every cool new piece of software that comes out?

Please, stop complaining. The only commitment from Verizon is that it is coming late summer. Checked your calendar?

Why exactly you need instant gratification for something is beyond me. You are probably one of those people who calls up screaming about all the problems you've had and demand a new device (e.g., screen timeout--dont want to hear how to adjust it but want a new phone--you know the latest one. I am a loyal customer and give it to me or I am leaving...lol)

Verizon messed up by their enthusiasm over Android. They promoted phones with great capabilities. People seem to think that getting the latest is going to improve their lives a little more and create something magical. well, if Flash and the new javascript V8 engine mean that much to you, then saber rattle all you want and just stop buying these phones. Your next crucial update may not support your phone and you whining is going to make me want to drive down the street and run people over out of spite.

I only say this after watching my second wife shake out of control with a flash back from her ex. He abused the crap out of her and his daughters. He knocked his own daughter out cold 3 times. So if you are not getting froyo in the time frame you'd like to believe you deserve it in, then hey, like denis leary said, "Like sucks, buy a helmet." I would add to that, "Stop being a selfish, self absorbed prick and be happy with your life.

People crack me up. Carry on....lol. I know I will be attacked for this, but hey, it is reality.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
I only say this after watching my second wife shake out of control with a flash back from her ex. He abused the crap out of her and his daughters. He knocked his own daughter out cold 3 times. So if you are not getting froyo in the time frame you'd like to believe you deserve it in, then hey, like denis leary said, "Like sucks, buy a helmet." I would add to that, "Stop being a selfish, self absorbed prick and be happy with your life.

you got issues, up the meds. stop beating kids.

OP
R

RnD_Solo

Reaction score
hey dirt bag....

#1...IT IS LATE SUMMER!

#2...Froyo IS that much better..

Amagine

Reaction score
Seriously, for the love of God, STOP.

The official statement is late summer. Why exactly would they send you a device pre-loaded with 2.2? Really?

Froyo does offer some performance enhancements. But the larger question is this: did you buy a device with the incredibly naive understanding that your devices would get every cool new piece of software that comes out?

Please, stop complaining. The only commitment from Verizon is that it is coming late summer. Checked your calendar?

Why exactly you need instant gratification for something is beyond me. You are probably one of those people who calls up screaming about all the problems you've had and demand a new device (e.g., screen timeout--dont want to hear how to adjust it but want a new phone--you know the latest one. I am a loyal customer and give it to me or I am leaving...lol)

Verizon messed up by their enthusiasm over Android. They promoted phones with great capabilities. People seem to think that getting the latest is going to improve their lives a little more and create something magical. well, if Flash and the new javascript V8 engine mean that much to you, then saber rattle all you want and just stop buying these phones. Your next crucial update may not support your phone and you whining is going to make me want to drive down the street and run people over out of spite.

People crack me up. Carry on....lol. I know I will be attacked for this, but hey, it is reality.

seriously dude.. no body here was ranting on 2.2 not being out. go to bed and sleep it off.

or could a mod just delete this pointless post?