2.2 for DX released today, is it legit?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yea 2.2 for DX is planned for late summer - i saw another one of those today that was a typo

davek7dv

Reaction score
droid 2.2

I rcvd a tweet that said Google released 2.2 for dx today and will officially release on the 6th. I downloaded it from Google but have yet to try it. Is this legit?

Droid X Gets Android 2.2! AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

I understand Verizon is doing the upgrade in groups of 100 thousand per evening starting on or about the 6th of august. Im not sure how they are breaking this down but they will be doing it from the switches out to your individual phones over a period of time. If I find the exact quote I will past it on one of the post. Have fun with the new software boyz and girlz,.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I rcvd a tweet that said Google released 2.2 for dx today and will officially release on the 6th. I downloaded it from Google but have yet to try it. Is this legit?

Droid X Gets Android 2.2! AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

I understand Verizon is doing the upgrade in groups of 100 thousand per evening starting on or about the 6th of august. Im not sure how they are breaking this down but they will be doing it from the switches out to your individual phones over a period of time. If I find the exact quote I will past it on one of the post. Have fun with the new software boyz and girlz,.

Thats for the droid which has been postponed

droid X is late summer - two different release dates

firstEncounter

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It was the same deal as before. They apparently can't tell the difference between the Droid and the Droid X (it was a link to the Droid 1 froyo).

davek7dv

Reaction score
I guess I didn't know the difference ,I do have the droid-x and love it. I have had a droid from motorola but it was for the wife... she is blind and it just wasnt for her even with all of the talking it could do. Mybe if she was a techie she would of stayed with the droid, I now have pourchased the Droid-x and what a Machine!!

zonaRSX

Reaction score
ahhh all this false information is driving me nuts. either way im being patient and waiting for the official release that way i dont **** up my phone