2.2 Email Security Issue

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I just got 2.2 recently and I've been getting a recurring warning about updating security settings. I do know about the update and what it does, and I HAVE accepted the security update. However, no matter how many times I agree to the new settings, it just keeps popping up in the status bar.

I have removed the Corporate account three times, recreated it and each time I successfully selected "Activate" when I got the warning. But as soon as my email loads, I get a message in the top bar that says "Security update needed for "xxxx". If I drag the bar down and click on the warning, it just goes away, only to come back the next time I load my email.

Does anyone know how to get this to go away?

*edit* -- Sorry, this is on the original Droid.

black_velvet

Reaction score
I don't know, but I'm having the same issue after installing SS4.7. Other than the email the ROM is great, but this is a real deal breaker for me. I hope someone knows a fix for this.

drifftr6x

Reaction score
im getting the same issue, I have accepted the new security settings but its just closes after that and it repeats itself each time my phone powers on. i have already done a factory reset, any advice would be appreciated.

Miniblue

Reaction score
Happens every time I turn on the phone. I found if I accept then go into the e-mail account press on incoming settings, let it run then exit the notification goes away. Others in the office are not affected. Since I don;t ever turn the phone off it is not much of a problem.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Email issues with Droid X

After 2 days of trying to get coorporate email set up on a new Droid X, Motorola level 2 support suggested using K9, a 3rd party email client, to access our coorporate email. It worked, with no issues.
The Droid software for email and coorporate sync accounts would not work. Kept giving authentication errors. Our server is an IMAP email server, form Communigate Pro. This is the first issue I have ever experienced with connections to the server.
Although they never admited a problem, I think the fact that K9 worked with no issues, proves there is a problem in their software. The Droid software update to 2.2 is scheduled for late September (2010). This might correct the problems. I was able to use a coorporate sync account on a Droid 2, running v2.2.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
After 2 days of trying to get coorporate email set up on a new Droid X, Motorola level 2 support suggested using K9, a 3rd party email client, to access our coorporate email. It worked, with no issues.
The Droid software for email and coorporate sync accounts would not work. Kept giving authentication errors. Our server is an IMAP email server, form Communigate Pro. This is the first issue I have ever experienced with connections to the server.
Although they never admited a problem, I think the fact that K9 worked with no issues, proves there is a problem in their software. The Droid software update to 2.2 is scheduled for late September (2010). This might correct the problems. I was able to use a coorporate sync account on a Droid 2, running v2.2.

I would have chosen Touchdown over K9, Much better app IMHO.