Sapphire 1.0 Exchange Email Issues

ITguy11

Reaction score
Since installing 1.0 I am constantly getting a notification on my phone saying that my email account security settings need to be updated. Mail appears to be flowing fine, but this warning keeps popping up. Any ideas?

Besides this issue, Sapphire 1.0 is running great!

droiddave1

Reaction score
Same for me. Happens in FRG22 and S1.0. I assume the new mail app, which S1.0 must have pulled from ASOP, is designed to include these features/settings that previous builds do not. This does not occur in FRG01B. These security settings are ones that allow the server to initiate a remote wipe, lock, etc., if your phone is lost or stolen.

mtkregs

Reaction score
Were you on a Froyo ROM previous to loading 1.0? If so, did you have exchange problems then?

I haven't had any exchange problems with any of the ROMs I've used.

Maybe a security policy issue on your company side?

mvcdude

Reaction score
.84 Email APK

You can also pull the email.Apk from sapphire .84 and push it to system/app and it solves the problem

mvcdude

Reaction score
droiddia

To push to system/app open a terminal window and type

su [Press Enter]
sysrw [Press Enter]

then use a program like root explorer ($) or android mate to browse to system/app and rename email.apk email.old, you can then use the same program to copy the email.apk from .84 into system/app

after you're done go back to the terminal and type
sysro

droiddadi

Reaction score
droiddia

To push to system/app open a terminal window and type

su [Press Enter]
sysrw [Press Enter]

then use a program like root explorer ($) or android mate to browse to system/app and rename email.apk email.old, you can then use the same program to copy the email.apk from .84 into system/app

after you're done go back to the terminal and type
sysro

Root explorer has built in mount filesystem as r/w. I did copy email.apk from FRG01B ROM but app installation failed

dmacleo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I hate the default client so much I never test it, but touchdown works fine here.