2.1 = a lot faster?

dmo580

Reaction score
How much faster? The N1 feels like it FLIES. Now I know it's a faster CPU, but the iPhone feels like it FLIES compared to the Droid sometimes. Given you can't customize it as much and if you had widgets like you could put on the Droid, I'm sure the iPhone would slow down... but part of me wishes the Droid could be faster (I'm on a MIlestone, so no OCing for me).

so is 2.1 supposed to make the UI a lot faster/smoother, etc? Or is it just small changes?

andrewdoane

Reaction score
2.0.1 made it faster. I myself noticed it for about 3 days maybe then I was right back to the herky-jerky notification pane and system tray. I'm not counting on much from 2.1. I will OC if I ever get sick of the herky-jerkyness.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It will make things faster, but don't let anyone fool you, there are two major ways to make a phone faster that you have shown:

1. Double the mhz. ala N1.
2. Halve the resolution. ala iPhone.

the3dolla

Reaction score
i am now

I am now using the newest Smoked Glass rom, my first time on a 2.1 rom and I think it works pretty well, I notice a pretty big difference from DroidMOD 2.0.1. I do overclock to 800mhz as well.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Moved to Milestone section so there is no confusion.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I agree with everything said. 2.1 will make things at least a little faster.

One thing that caught my eye was the Opera browser beta. That thing is the fastest browser in existence...on any device including laptops/desktops. OK, I might be exaggerating but that thing FLIES. :icon_eek:

MrBigDeal

Reaction score
might have to try the opera browser, on my previous devices it was meh. but since its almost out of beta (so i've heard anyways) i'll give it another go.

Personally my milestone doesn't really lag too much, that I notice.
Doesn't play High quality youtube vids though :(

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How much faster? The N1 feels like it FLIES. Now I know it's a faster CPU, but the iPhone feels like it FLIES compared to the Droid sometimes. Given you can't customize it as much and if you had widgets like you could put on the Droid, I'm sure the iPhone would slow down... but part of me wishes the Droid could be faster (I'm on a MIlestone, so no OCing for me).

so is 2.1 supposed to make the UI a lot faster/smoother, etc? Or is it just small changes?

Go to Menu/Settings/Sound & Display/Animations/ and select No Animations. It will be faster immediately when switching from screen to screen.

greg_p

Reaction score
I installed the 2.1 from MOT with rsdlite, and believe me (if you don't enable live wallpaper), it is really faster. launcher and browser are really nice. Consumption is also better in 2G-only mode.

pie123

Reaction score
I installed the 2.1 from MOT with rsdlite, and believe me (if you don't enable live wallpaper), it is really faster. launcher and browser are really nice. Consumption is also better in 2G-only mode.

For me it is much faster even with the live wallpapers enabled.