1st Offical Drop -

djsiva

Reaction score
Had my Nexus takes it's first official drop today. :( Took a chip out of the paint on the bottom left hand corner of the device, but no damage to the screen or anywhere else. It didn't fall from very far. I'm hoping it's not going to prove to be too fragile.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Had my Nexus takes it's first official drop today. :( Took a chip out of the paint on the bottom left hand corner of the device, but no damage to the screen or anywhere else. It didn't fall from very far. I'm hoping it's not going to prove to be too fragile.

Man that sucks. Need that little lanyard hook on the bottom corner like the X! :)

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Mine fell twice, once on hardwood floor and once on carpet. No physical damage what so ever... but both times the battery cover fell off, the second time a very small chip came off one of the prongs that hold it in place. I have a desk job and rarely use a case for the phone so i hope this cover is durable and wont degrade with time. Luckily its pretty easy to replace in case it doe's, anyway i'll might get one without this annoying Verizon branding...

hydro556

Reaction score
I hate dropping new phones. It always sucks getting that first scratch or nick.

That said, coming from an OGD and then an Incredible, and briefly a Bionic, I am very impressed with the feel/apparent build quality of this phone.

I am 99% sure I am going to keep the Nexus. I have had a hard time adapting to the large size of the current superphones, coming from an Incredible (which I found to be a great seized phone). But, fortunately I have large hands. And, the Nexus just seems too bad ass to send back. I cant imagine how good it will be when the inevitable bug fixes that come with all new phones (especially with a WHOLE NEW OS) occur.

That said, I am looking for the perfect, slim fitting, case. This phone is so beautiful, I dont think I could bear to scratch it.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I hate dropping new phones. It always sucks getting that first scratch or nick.

That said, coming from an OGD and then an Incredible, and briefly a Bionic, I am very impressed with the feel/apparent build quality of this phone.

I am 99% sure I am going to keep the Nexus. I have had a hard time adapting to the large size of the current superphones, coming from an Incredible (which I found to be a great seized phone). But, fortunately I have large hands. And, the Nexus just seems too bad ass to send back. I cant imagine how good it will be when the inevitable bug fixes that come with all new phones (especially with a WHOLE NEW OS) occur.

That said, I am looking for the perfect, slim fitting, case. This phone is so beautiful, I dont think I could bear to scratch it.

I just grabbed this one. Cant wait to get it!

Incipio Samsung Galaxy Nexus feather Ultralight Hard Shell Case, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Cases, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Covers, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Accessories, Samsung Galaxy Nexus Protection, Galaxy Nexus Cases

Reaction score
hey tgy be sure to review that case. I was looking at one but am demoing a different one first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
djsiva

djsiva

Reaction score
Make that 2 drops. I let my kid's babysitter hold it and it made its way to the sidewalk. I'll get some pics up soon. In the meantime, I'm buying a case.

sb1831

Reaction score
Well better you than me I suppose. I've been playing with my Nexus at home and when I'm in a suit but I take my razr with me if I'm in casual clothes. Still waiting on my case to come in.

maniaryan

Reaction score
got a chip in the same spot from a small drop! gonna see if bes buy considers that wear and tear under my insurance ;)

JFMFT

Reaction score
I got the Incipio Feather Case in the mail today. Check out the thread I started with my thoughts and pics of the phone + case. It's an impressive case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk