Skinomi Rezound Skin - My impressions

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I am posting it for those that are considering purchasing this... my overall thoughts? Don't bother.

Skinomi TechSkin - HTC Rezound Skin Protector

While installing it wasn't as bad as it could be, it required quite a bit of massaging to get it to cling to all surfaces since the skin is flat whereas the Rezound is obviously not. Getting it to cling to corners and edges also proved a challenge. They tell you to wet both sides and I had to wait for it to dry somewhat before I could work corners and large depressions. Even so, once the skin dried it left sharp corners at the edges.

When it dries it's very shiny... VERY shiny. That is where the worst thing about this skin comes in... shiny = slippery.

If your hands produce even a modest amount of oils, it's almost like holding a wet fish. I've already dropped it twice because the skin gets so slippery. Lucky for me the drops were on carpet.

The only reason I haven't removed the skin yet is because I hate wasting the $20. I will be pulling it off before the next drop is on a harder surface.

dbmcelroy

Reaction score
We are using Skinomi for the screen protection only and are happy with it. I am leaving the body and back as they are without any covering.

cp24eva

Reaction score
So, I've have a skinomi screen protector on my bionic before. It was good, but the only think I didnt like about it was that if the screen was on something that made some type of impression on it, then the impression would stay there for an extended amount of time. it would eventually go back to the normal smooth surface though. Is yours like that?

Also, I have a ZAGG screen protector. It's good, but I have an issue with wiping smudges off of it. I can't simply wipe it off with a napkin or cloth. It seems I have to wet it slightly. Like a wet wipe or something. And then it gets the smudges off completely. Is skinomi like that? Be honest. lol.

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
I never use screen protectors so I can't really answer you. Maybe I'll throw it on and see what's it's like but every screen protector I've ever used has made the overall feel of the screen crappy.

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I have a Skinomi screen protector only on my D2 and it's awesome. Best screen protector I have ever used. Extremely durable and darn near invisible. Never scuffs either.
I JUST upgraded to the Rezound, and I am buying the Skinomi screen protector for it as well.
Cheaper than the Invisishield brand and just as good.
Just my 2 cents.