1.4 Ghz droid 2

thebird36

Reaction score
Haha def listen to spaz he has wise words! =D

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

thebird36

Reaction score
Haha np doode u seem to know more than some mods lol im surprised u aren't 1 actually lol but when in doubt listen to u cause u seem to know everythin bout droids

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I have taken baby steps into the land of root and the last thing is overclocking. I am really nervous about trying it because 1- I know very little about it. 2- my computer is down so if I really eff something up I can't sbf.

thebird36

Reaction score
Well if it makes you feel better im not overclocked I don't really need it I use my phone enough where the battery dies soon and I don't need another reason for it die faster lol but it's totally up to you if you want to I can't say anything against it. prolly would be easier if someone who overclocks tell ya about it lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have taken baby steps into the land of root and the last thing is overclocking. I am really nervous about trying it because 1- I know very little about it. 2- my computer is down so if I really eff something up I can't sbf.

Overclocking really isn't that serious of business. Just don't set anything on boot. That way if you have problems you can just rip that battery on out of there and its like you never overclocked it in the first place.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Haha np doode u seem to know more than some mods lol im surprised u aren't 1 actually lol but when in doubt listen to u cause u seem to know everythin bout droids

I really appreciate that

tappin and a talkin

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I mean I don't think I need it really. The D2 is pretty snappy once the blur is gone. I think its more of a "its the thing to do" sorta thing. Everyone is overclocking the crap outta their phones. Of course that all got started before 1ghz made a visit to Droid.

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Oh I didn't know that. That kinda makes me feel better about trying it. Jrummy's app the way to go here?

Overclocking really isn't that serious of business. Just don't set anything on boot. That way if you have problems you can just rip that battery on out of there and its like you never overclocked it in the first place.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I mean I don't think I need it really. The D2 is pretty snappy once the blur is gone. I think its more of a "its the thing to do" sorta thing. Everyone is overclocking the crap outta their phones. Of course that all got started before 1ghz made a visit to Droid.

For sure. I have a lot of experience with overclocking and undervolting but on any given day I'm probably clocked at 1 ghz. Like today for instance lol.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh I didn't know that. That kinda makes me feel better about trying it. Jrummy's app the way to go here?

tappin and a talkin

For my money you can't beat jrummy's app for overclock or undervolting.

tappin and a talkin

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
The voltage settings is where I get lost. I think I was running Apex and I was trying to overclock through terminal emulator and then it asked what settings I wanted. I just threw my hands in the air and ran lol.

For sure. I have a lot of experience with overclocking and undervolting but on any given day I'm probably clocked at 1 ghz. Like today for instance lol.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My rule of thumb is 1.2 ghz or lower I use ultra low voltage
Higher than 1.2 and up to 1.4 I use low voltage
1.4 or 1.42 I use medium voltage

Now if you get really adventurous you can customize the voltages. A friend and I spent a few days testing a custom super ultra low voltage setting and got most of the kinks worked out but kind of gave up on it.

tappin and a talkin

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna give it a try. What's the deal with the min and max settings? Anything I need to know about that?
My rule of thumb is 1.2 ghz or lower I use ultra low voltage
Higher than 1.2 and up to 1.4 I use low voltage
1.4 or 1.42 I use medium voltage

Now if you get really adventurous you can customize the voltages. A friend and I spent a few days testing a custom super ultra low voltage setting and got most of the kinks worked out but kind of gave up on it.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The min Max settings are for scaling the speed back given certain conditions like battery level, screen state or temperature. Can be helpful to set up a profile where the screen is off then the CPU gets throttled down to the lowest frequency or limit the speed as the batt gets lower.

tappin and a talkin