ZRroot

Lorek

Reaction score
Been thinking about rooting my phone and I found this program call z4root. If I use this to root my phone and for any reason I need to be unroot, will z4root unroot my phone too?

Sent from my DROID2

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yes it will unroot as well but read my sig below and make sure you understand what your getting into b4 you go rooting if you don't already but hope it all works out man and have fun with it

zero7404

Reaction score
i have a question about z4root .... currently rooted with this app. is this an artificial or workaround way to really rooting the phone ?

the process for the droid 1 was different, involving a custom recovery (SPRecovery) and flashing the phone via RSDLite ...

now that an SBF is available for the d2g, perhaps there is a better method to obtain root access to the phone ? if there is no distinct difference between rooting via z4root and another method, i'd rather keep z4root because it's easy as A B C, rooting, unrooting, etc ...

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the D2 and I am currently using z4root to root my phone and everything has worked perfectly for me. I believe it is a true root and haven't heard any complaints with root access being limited. I am running the Droid 2 recovery bootstrap for an .sbf but hope I won't ever need it. If I ever need to unroot to go back to VZW I hope I can just click the unroot button. I have never unrooted haha never had the reason to

Sent from my rooted D2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have the D2 and I am currently using z4root to root my phone and everything has worked perfectly for me. I believe it is a true root and haven't heard any complaints with root access being limited. I am running the Droid 2 recovery bootstrap for an .sbf but hope I won't ever need it. If I ever need to unroot to go back to VZW I hope I can just click the unroot button. I have never unrooted haha never had the reason to

Sent from my rooted D2

Yes, the "permanent" root option is true root. The "temporary" is only rooted til you power the handset off.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea good catch urban I forgot to catch the permanent and temporary root option. I am loving the permanent root tho. Learning to edit .xml files and learning java now. I don't plan on unrooting anytime soon unless I need to go to VZW

Sent from my rooted D2

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea good catch urban I forgot to catch the permanent and temporary root option. I am loving the permanent root tho. Learning to edit .xml files and learning java now. I don't plan on unrooting anytime soon unless I need to go to VZW

Sent from my rooted D2

I have a friend that is a technician for VZW. He told me his manager recently approached him to get him to root his DX. My point is probably the majority of employees at VZW have rooted devices.

zero7404

Reaction score
I have a friend that is a technician for VZW. He told me his manager recently approached him to get him to root his DX. My point is probably the majority of employees at VZW have rooted devices.

you may be right ... but a lot of non-tech folks that just use android phone for features they like wouldn't bother rooting.

the only real problem with root becoming an issue in the mass-market is that a rooted phone winds up in a noob's hands and is not adept enough in avoiding a malicious piece of software or trojan or something, which then might cause problems for others inadvertently

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Been thinking about rooting my phone and I found this program call z4root. If I use this to root my phone and for any reason I need to be unroot, will z4root unroot my phone too?

Sent from my DROID2

If you have latest security update z4root will not work.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
I dont know about security updates, or maybe its different with the droid 2 global, but my phone is updated and z4root worked like a charm.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

zero7404

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

i am rooted with z4 and the latest software update .... did one come out in the last 2 weeks or so since 2.4.330 ?

posted via android

Reaction score

Sent from my DROID2

Uhh.. What? When did Verizon start pushing security updates? Are you talking about the system update from December to system version 2.4.330? If so.. You're wrong. If not.. Then I need to know wtf update you're talking about.

OP
Lorek

Lorek

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your input

Sent from my DROID2