Buttons not lighting up after rooting

xandor

Reaction score
I rooted my phone using z4root and now at times the lights for my menu buttons don't come on. I was unable to find other posts on this.

Any suggestions for this droid 2 owner?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

louy99

Reaction score
I just the same to root mine. I've had no problems. How many times have you rebooted since rooting? Perhaps you should unroot and see if you have the same problem. If not, try again.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't think it has anything to do with rooting.

After a reboot the lights don't come on. Just turn the screen off/on and they should come back.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
This typically happens to me after I reboot the phone in low light situations. Try turning the phone off/on, using the power widget to adjust your screen brightness, turning your auto brightness off/on, or using the power button to turn your screen off/on.

If those fail, idk what to tell you. Sometimes it just takes a few minutes :/

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Reaction score
It's a known bug. Either go into settings (or use an app/widget) to manually adjust the brightness of your screen, or lock and unlock your screen, and they'll light up the next time you open the keyboard. This happens every time you reboot the phone.

OP
xandor

xandor

Reaction score
I've never had this happen until I've rooted the phone -- even after rebooting while I was unrooted.

Not a big issue to me, just an annoyance. Thanks for the suggestions.

lizard

Reaction score
In the upper right corner of your screen is the sensor for ambient light. Cover the sensor with your thumb then uncover it and see if they turn on and off. Wont fix anything but it will rule out bad hardware(sensor). Its not immediate, you may have to cover it for at least a one-mississippi.

OP
xandor

xandor

Reaction score
I re-rooted via z4root and things are working better now. Slightly overclocked my droid as well. Thanks again!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

cron666

Reaction score
i have this problem too, but if i use the camera to take a pic, then delete that pic, my lights come on.

idk what the deal is with that.

mite have something to do with manually rooting with the terminal exploit.

also never used ADB.

Fusion 2.0 RC1

cron666

Reaction score
Seems if I just go into camera and halfpress the camera button to autofocus, then exit camera, the lights come back. Sry for the confusion.

$ent from a DeRezzed Droid2