ZOMGWTFBBQ! Tired of Android leaks, how about a Sapphire leak -cvpcs/sniffle stay out

wingdo

Reaction score
As you may or may not know, I've been using Sapphire since 0.6.0 and find it to be what the Android experience should be. It's also been a couple weeks since sniffle posted about 0.8.4. It's also expected that the next official release of Sapphire will be 1.0 once the OTA hits. ZOMG what's a Sapphire freak to do?

Well if they are smart they would look for and run a test build even if it is not supported by anyone.

If I were such a person I would look tothe link at the bottom for some newer goodness.

BEFORE CLICKING, please read this notice:

The current supported build of Sapphire is and remains 0.8.4
The next supported build of Sapphire will most likely be 1.0
This is build # 0.9.5, so be aware it is 100% unsupported by anyone on the sapphire team

Do not ask questions about this build in threads as they will not be answered, although you may have some luck from me or others running it if you ask IN THIS THREAD.

The official position of cvpcs and sniffle is that the build and this thread DO NOT EXIST as they are concentrating on the next official release which may be a way away depending on the official OTA.

Also be aware, framework has changed in this build, so themes may or may not work, but most likely the one you want will not. Don't ask themers to update their theme to this release as it is not an official release and most likely things will change again before 1.0.

Also know that while this will make your Droid the envy of so many, it will still not have the Droid X screen. Installing it incorrectly may even turn it into a Blackberry.

Install using the instructions found in the 0.8.4 stickied thread. I didn't wipe, but you may want to. And whatever you do, NANDROID FIRST!!!!!!!!!

Without further ado,

Sapphire 0.9.5, and gapps for 0.9.5 (you need both):
http://files.ccroms.net/sapphire/froyo/0.9.5/test/

cvpcs's kernels:
http://files.ccroms.net/sapphire/froyo/0.8.4/kernels.testing/

Current Sapphire Changelog:
http://github.com/cvpcs/android_vendor_cvpcs/blob/froyo/CHANGELOG

Black Bar Mod Framework.apk from pdroid, this will need to be pushed out via adb:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/umzv1o

If you wish to grab the 3 Black Bar themed apps (gmail, mms and gtalk) install the following from 0.8.4 and then push out pdroid's modified Framework.apk above (only do this if you want those 3 apps from the original theme):
http://sapphire.davekover.com/files/sapphire/froyo/release/0.8.4/sapphire-0.8.4-black_bar-update.zip

The Sapphire homepage (you will see no mention of this thread or build on there):
http://sapphire.ccroms.net/wiki/

dancedroid

Last edited:

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Nice!! Will give this a shot... loving my Sapphire 0.8.4 with Darkedge on it

0.9.5 has some very nice changes, but you no longer have theme support. Hope you like vanilla :D

Very good to hear!! Yeah it seems like I'm one of the few that actually like the Vanilla look... plus I can always go back to 0.8.4 dancedroid

brochaos

Reaction score
Sweeeeet... cant wait for some blackbar though. I had camera issues that i definitely think are gone in frg01 so ive been waiting for something newer to drop!

kevdog

Reaction score
My favorite part about this thread is a warning to Sniffle or cvps. That's classic. But with the drop of cmrc2, I was getting irritable about nothing new from cvps.

OP
wingdo

wingdo

Reaction score

0.9.5 has some very nice changes, but you no longer have theme support. Hope you like vanilla :D

Black Bar Mod from 0.8.4 seems to be working w/o a hitch for me. Course that's not saying a lot now as I am just starting to test things out.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Few things people should know about this:

• Wi-fi does not work. You will have to instal a new kernel to get it working
  • Cpu freq settings will not work. Cvpcs did not say: It sets the config settings properly but the boot script hasn't been updated to use them
  • compache-at-boot should work
  • GEM Settings is now in the regular settings.

Hope you all enjoy, as i have so far.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So you shouldn't back up and wipe your cache on this one right? :D LOL! Fascinating. I've downloaded it but I may hold off on installing it until I have time to grab a fire extinguisher. :D Thanks for posting it!

DreamOperator

Reaction score
Installed over 0.8.4 without wiping. Used CW 2.5.0.1. Then installed gapps, p3's 1.1 and Alternate Dark theme. No immediately apparent issues, though I haven't checked everything out yet. I did have to reinstall swype.

I don't see the Gem app. Is that a result of applying a theme or did those settings get moved?

Edit: just saw Tanks post. Since the theme isn't updated, I'm not able too see the settings. No biggie, I'll live til the official release.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Black Bar Mod from 0.8.4 seems to be working w/o a hitch for me. Course that's not saying a lot now as I am just starting to test things out.

Themes that install using the update.zip method replaces the framework, and I heard this one has changed the framework, so you lose those features.

Themes that replace apps also replace things like the CPU scaling, though that doesn't work yet anyway.

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Installed over 0.8.4 without wiping. Used CW 2.5.0.1. Then installed gapps, p3's 1.1 and Alternate Dark theme. No immediately apparent issues, though I haven't checked everything out yet. I did have to reinstall swype.

I don't see the Gem app. Is that a result of applying a theme or did those settings get moved?

Check the regular settings app. I think GEM stuff has been added into that.