ZOMGWTFBBQ! Tired of Android leaks, how about a Sapphire leak -cvpcs/sniffle stay out

fichdak

Reaction score
does this have any actual advantages over cyanogen rc2? I used sapphire before but switched to cyanogenmod because everyone was saying it was the best thing since sliced bread. cmrc2 is good, fast, and customizable and I don't really want to go through the pain in the ass of wiping/restoring/etc for a new rom unless it's worth it.

so what do you guys thing?

the one thing i specifically miss about sapphire is that the reboot option when you hold the power button gives an option to reboot into recovery, but that's all i can remember

I think Sapphire is also good, fast, and customizable.

That said, you may want to either stick with the latest official release, Sapphire 0.8.4, or wait for the next official release which should be in a couple of weeks. You'll get better support that way - not to say that we won't give some people a hand with this test build, but it's not as much of a priority (think CM alpha builds).

I used CyanogenMod's eclair builds for a long time - I'm sure they're putting out great work as usual - but I think Sapphire is worth checking out. I will be using it exclusively for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, I'll check it out when 1.0 comes out. As of my experience, (in my opinion), whatever nightly cm build i'm on > sapphire 0.8.4. i think that's only because sapphire is relatively new and will improve exponentially given time, but as of .95 or .84 or whatever, is there anything I'm missing that should compel me to switch?

Quantify

Reaction score
Just installed 0.9.5 using the most recent CW (2.5.0.1). Worked fine. Also installed the 800LV sapphire kernel without issue, as well as the 0.9.5 framework-res.apk with the black bar (thank you for that!!)

For those who want some level of theme without changing the updated elements - There are some nice ADW themes in the market. Currently using the Gala S theme.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just installed 0.9.5 using the most recent CW (2.5.0.1). Worked fine. Also installed the 800LV sapphire kernel without issue, as well as the 0.9.5 framework-res.apk with the black bar (thank you for that!!)

For those who want some level of theme without changing the updated elements - There are some nice ADW themes in the market. Currently using the Gala S theme.

lol, except for the kernel i'm pretty much running exactly the same thing. :)

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yeah, I'll check it out when 1.0 comes out. As of my experience, (in my opinion), whatever nightly cm build i'm on > sapphire 0.8.4. i think that's only because sapphire is relatively new and will improve exponentially given time, but as of .95 or .84 or whatever, is there anything I'm missing that should compel me to switch?
just load 0.8.4 up and see for yourself. If you like CM you will quickly see that Sapphire is just as good if not better than CM and that is a personal guarantee.

Sent from my Droid

mtkregs

Reaction score
just load 0.8.4 up and see for yourself. If you like CM you will quickly see that Sapphire is just as good if not better than CM and that is a personal guarantee.

Sent from my Droid
I agree with CK...

I was on BB then CM then Sapphire v0.7.0 and am now on Sapphire v0.8.4. I'm up in the air as to whether or not I will DL the "unofficial" 0.9.5 or just wait for the "official" release. Either way, I don't see myself going away from Sapphire any time soon. v0.8.4 is working very well for me right now.

The rumors are flying that the OTA for Froyo will come very soon. When the 2.1 rumors were flying, I was reading up fairly regularly, but this time I am not as interested. Sapphire has a lot to do with that.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
Awesome! I am up and running 0.9.5 with the black bar mod. Thanks wingdo for the original post and thanks to pdroid for the black bar framework. I know this rom isn't officially supported but has anyone else had problems with the market randomly force closing in the background? It has force closed several times on this rom for me when I am not even using it, I just see a message that it has crashed. Maybe I'll push the old vending.apk from 0.8.4 to see if that fixes things.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome! I am up and running 0.9.5 with the black bar mod. Thanks wingdo for the original post and thanks to pdroid for the black bar framework. I know this rom isn't officially supported but has anyone else had problems with the market randomly force closing in the background? It has force closed several times on this rom for me when I am not even using it, I just see a message that it has crashed. Maybe I'll push the old vending.apk from 0.8.4 to see if that fixes things.

Mine is fine, except for the fact that none of my market links restored this time.

I always clear data during the sync, so it doesn't sync my apps and i can go ahead and download TB and restore all my apps twice as fast. I can still go into the market and update apps (those that need an update show it when you goto the app), but nothing shows up in the downloads except purchased apps and TB.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score

Mine is fine, except for the fact that none of my market links restored this time.

I always clear data during the sync, so it doesn't sync my apps and i can go ahead and download TB and restore all my apps twice as fast. I can still go into the market and update apps (those that need an update show it when you goto the app), but nothing shows up in the downloads except purchased apps and TB.

Yeah I didn't wipe data this time because I'm lazy so that might be causing the problems. Maybe I'll do a full wipe and try again.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah I didn't wipe data this time because I'm lazy so that might be causing the problems. Maybe I'll do a full wipe and try again.

Wipe is highly recommended; pretty much required to avoid these types of problems.

GodfatherIP

Reaction score

Wipe is highly recommended; pretty much required to avoid these types of problems.

I pushed the old vending.apk and so far so good. Hopefully things will be ok and I won't need to wipe, I don't really feel like restoring everything right now.

Armyof2

Reaction score
well i'm all for doing things i probably shouldn't so i installed ...had to replace the kernel with one of the other sholes kernels from cvpcs...couldn't get any net access at all (3g or wifi) ...put the 250-1kLV on there and so far so good...

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I may be daring and install 0.9.5 just to see how it is. I am in the process of creating nandroids of all the themes so that I can switch back and forth when I feel like it. But it would be nice to have a taste of what is to come.

amblefinie

Reaction score
What kernels are y'all using?
Seems from the changelog, some kernel mods were made as well, but I don't seen any from the 0.9.5 link.

C3PIO

Reaction score
Well, I decided to give it a try and running for 3 hours very stable and no bugs detected I find the room really fast, the kernel is steppoin from 125 to 1000 no overheat FRG01B Build.....cat ask for more. Im gonna stay and keep testing everything,thanks a lot for the leak and thanks to Sapphire Team for the great work