ZeroBarrier's MIUI Mods

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

OP updated with description for new Android/MIUI users (and to save my sanity and/or reduce the risks of heart attacks).

:p

Ozzie

Reaction score
...the .1 update this morning broke the no clock mod.
black boot still works (had to reinstall), but no clock ends up in bootloops...

I'm not anxious...just want folks to know...backups are WAY important.

jellybean420

Reaction score
Zero... do you know how to remove items from the pulldown, such as the data icon, the airplane icon, the power off icon, etc? I really hate some of those icons and frankly have no use for them lol

Also what about removing the usb icon?

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

Are you sure about that? Because I'm using 0.12.3.1 with my no USB debug + clock mod and it's working perfectly. Plus the update didn't change the files my mods work on services.jar and android.policy.jar. The update only replaced system apps.

Zero... do you know how to remove items from the pulldown, such as the data icon, the airplane icon, the power off icon, etc? I really hate some of those icons and frankly have no use for them lol

I don't know about the pulldown, I've never messed around with that part of the framework before, sorry.

I'll look into the USB icon in the notification bar for you though. Is the USB icon the only icon you'd like to hide in the notification bar?

Ozzie

Reaction score
I dunno bro...I tried the no clock solo a few times this morning...

After reading your reply and now running the .2 update, I tried the no clock & debug just now and it's working fine too...

Think it's time for another backup...this one is just about how I like it.
Blue Steel has some transparent goodies that make things more interesting too.

Thanks for responding and your efforts....tis appreciated.

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

Must have been a fluke. Happens to all our Droids at some point.

jellybean420

Reaction score

Are you sure about that? Because I'm using 0.12.3.1 with my no USB debug + clock mod and it's working perfectly. Plus the update didn't change the files my mods work on services.jar and android.policy.jar. The update only replaced system apps.

I don't know about the pulldown, I've never messed around with that part of the framework before, sorry.

I'll look into the USB icon in the notification bar for you though. Is the USB icon the only icon you'd like to hide in the notification bar?

USB icon, and debugging is all I would like removed.

I want to figure out how to remove some of the items in the pulldown, I know they keep adding stuff so its there somewhere in the framework

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

I want to figure out how to remove some of the items in the pulldown, I know they keep adding stuff so its there somewhere in the framework

OK, give me a few minutes while I edit services.jar for you. And as for the pulldown, I'm sure it's totally possible to mod it and possibly remove some of the icons/switches; but do you have any idea how many lines of code there is in the framework? Just to give you an idea, framework.jar decompiled weighs in at 50+MBs worth of smali, and yet it sits neatly on our phones at a mere 2.68MBs. Finding where and how to do it is not a walk in the park.

jellybean420

Reaction score

OK, give me a few minutes while I edit services.jar for you. And as for the pulldown, I'm sure it's totally possible to mod it and possibly remove some of the icons/switches; but do you have any idea how many lines of code there is in the framework? Just to give you an idea, framework.jar decompiled weighs in at 50+MBs worth of smali, and yet it sits neatly on our phones at a mere 2.68MBs. Finding where and how to do it is not a walk in the park.

K thanks.

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
hey zb, a quick fix for hiding the usb and debugging icon would be to replace there image with a transparent one in the framework/ drawable-hdpi folder.

jellybean420

Reaction score
hey zb, a quick fix for hiding the usb and debugging icon would be to replace there image with a transparent one in the framework/ drawable-hdpi folder.

Think he said he doesn't like to cover them, he'd rather remove them. But don't quote me.

OP
Z

ZeroBarrier

It's not that I don't like to just cover them, I just see no point in making an icon transparent and still let it take up space on the notification bar (leaving an empty space there with icons on to the left, right or either side).

Jellybean, after looking over the USB icon, I think it's a really bad idea to remove it. Removing the icon would disable the pulldown notification that allows you to mount/unmount USB mass storage. Now, this isn't so much a problem when plugging it in as you can set the phone to pop up choices to mount USB mass storage or just charging, but you do not get an option to safely unmount, which may cause the SD cards files to get corrupted.

I'm sorry, but I can't make a mod that will potentially cause harm like that. All of us here flash ROMs, kernels and mods at our own risk, but the people making those ROMs, kernels and mods take every precaution they can to ensure what they put out there won't cause harm in any way that can prevent.

coltzfan

Reaction score
Think he said he doesn't like to cover them, he'd rather remove them. But don't quote me.

I quoted you! :biggrin::rofl3:

I had too, working night shift when I should be sleeping right now makes silliness come out.