Z4 root question

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
Im a Droid X user but my wife wants her Fascinate rooted ... will Z4 root her phone ?

Come to the DarkSlide !

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Compatible with [SIZE=+2]PERMANENT[/SIZE] root option

Samsung Galaxy S (All variants)

That's right from the XDA thread. If that fails, use the procedure in my signature. Make sure USB Debugging is turned on.

CxanDroid

Reaction score
z4 will root your fascinate. It didn't work at first on mine, I then remembered reading something about rebooting. rebooted, ran it again, in a few seconds I had root.

brisk21

Reaction score
If I uninstall z4 root will it unroot my droid x? Not that I want to. Just in case I need my phone fixed or something it would be good to know. Also when I open the z4 app it has an icon that says root as if its not rooted. But it is I have superuser app and wifi tether. Shouldn't the icon say unroot?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CxUNG

Reaction score
You click the Unroot-buttom then SuperUser icon should go away. If they dont your still rooted.

Sent from DROiDx using DROiDforumsAPP

Milton515

Reaction score
Once you open the app, it will have two buttons one should say re-root and the other should say unroot
a6fe9e4b-9ec3-d322.jpg

Edit: Added scrrenshot of app on my rooted D1

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with stock Launcher Pro Plus

brisk21

Reaction score
It only has the root button. No unroot. That's what concerns me. It is rooted. I tested the wifi with my ps3. Maybe do I have an older version of z4?

Milton515

Reaction score
It only has the root button. No unroot. That's what concerns me. It is rooted. I tested the wifi with my ps3. Maybe do I have an older version of z4?

When you first opened the app did it ask for superuser authorization?

brisk21

Reaction score
I believe so. Im not sure though. I took a screenshot of the z4 app page but the phone wont let me post it. I used shootme app which only works of the phone is rooted so I know it is.

Milton515

Reaction score
I believe so. Im not sure though. I took a screenshot of the z4 app page but the phone wont let me post it. I used shootme app which only works of the phone is rooted so I know it is.

Go into your superuser and see if it is on the allowed list, if not go and allow it..... Sometimes with shootme you have to change the picture format, I use Picsay (there is a free version in the market) to change mine, all you have to do is pick thbe picture from the app and hit menu and export to sdcard and it will save it as a .jpeg and then you can upload it on here

brisk21

Reaction score
1838f1bc-ba4e-560d.jpg

Here it is. I swear the phone is rooted. I used my browser with my droid to find the file. I downloaded it and installed it. Rebooted it and it is rooted but this screen remains when I open the z4 app.

brisk21

Reaction score
Even when I use an app that requires root like ad free it says "super user permission granted" when I open the app.

Milton515

Reaction score
Even when I use an app that requires root like ad free it says "super user permission granted" when I open the app.

I don't know, that's weird... Try uninstalling it and go to *********** and search Z4root.apk and get the 1.30 version and install it... Open the app and allow the superuser and see if that works... Let me know if not

brisk21

Reaction score
I don't know. It works fine right now. I think that for some reason the rooted screen on z4 didn't kick in even though its rooted. Ill definitely do that if I have any more problems.

Milton515

Reaction score
I don't know. It works fine right now. I think that for some reason the rooted screen on z4 didn't kick in even though its rooted. Ill definitely do that if I have any more problems.

Yea, I had that problem the first time I installed it... I had to manually add it to the list myself...Glad you got it, anything else just ask I will try and help