Z4 root question

brisk21

Reaction score
I just checked and I have version 1.1.0, maybe that's why?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Milton515

Reaction score
No problem... Yea, that might be it

Sent from D1 running UD1.0.0 with stock Launcher Pro Plus

jaw4bama

Reaction score
also it should not hurt to hit root again and to see if the "unroot" button pops back up. The app has not been granted root access yet because you have not used it. After that it should have the "unroot" button back.

brisk21

Reaction score
Yeah ill try that. What the heck why not.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If I uninstall z4 root will it unroot my droid x? Not that I want to. Just in case I need my phone fixed or something it would be good to know. Also when I open the z4 app it has an icon that says root as if its not rooted. But it is I have superuser app and wifi tether. Shouldn't the icon say unroot?

If you're taking your phone in for servicing you are far better served to flash the phone with a stock SBF and then doing a factory reset than you are trusting an app to remove everything for you. Doing this will remove all traces, as well as all user data (do you really want those drunken pics you took of yourself wearing you fiancee's pumps to get out? ;)) from the phone. Better safe than sorry, after all. :)

brisk21

Reaction score
Well all it did was freeze my phone. I had to do a battery pull and now its fine. Still rooted (I checked) and the z4 screen is still the same. I would uninstall my version of z4 and install version 1.1.3 but I don't think its necessary at this point since everything works perfect but the root screen.

brisk21

Reaction score
If I uninstall z4 root will it unroot my droid x? Not that I want to. Just in case I need my phone fixed or something it would be good to know. Also when I open the z4 app it has an icon that says root as if its not rooted. But it is I have superuser app and wifi tether. Shouldn't the icon say unroot?

If you're taking your phone in for servicing you are far better served to flash the phone with a stock SBF and then doing a factory reset than you are trusting an app to remove everything for you. Doing this will remove all traces, as well as all user data (do you really want those drunken pics you took of yourself wearing you fiancee's pumps to get out? ;)) from the phone. Better safe than sorry, after all. :)

elaborate on this if you will.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, you know that night you were all warm and happy and figured you'd try it "just to see how it feels"? Well, now everyone at VZW is going to be laughing at seeing those hairy clompers crammed into a size 9 Prada stiletto!

Oh, wait, you meant the SBF? Oh, that's easy. :)

Unless you're dealing with a custom-built SBF (extremely rare for the D1 -- I only know of two), the most expedient way to reset phone and remove all traces of user data is to flash a file known as an SBF onto the phone using a program called RSD Lite or SBF_Flash if you're using Linux. It totally overwrites all the data on the phone and takes it back to stock -- fresh, out-of-the-box-stock. Everything that's on the phone (not the SD card) is erased. The only thing anyone looking at the phone can see is the stock software. Totally virgin. Your contacts, texts, apps, settings, wallpaper, etc. are all wiped out.

brisk21

Reaction score
Well, you know that night you were all warm and happy and figured you'd try it "just to see how it feels"? Well, now everyone at VZW is going to be laughing at seeing those hairy clompers crammed into a size 9 Prada stiletto!

Oh, wait, you meant the SBF? Oh, that's easy. :)

Unless you're dealing with a custom-built SBF (extremely rare for the D1 -- I only know of two), the most expedient way to reset phone and remove all traces of user data is to flash a file known as an SBF onto the phone using a program called RSD Lite or SBF_Flash if you're using Linux. It totally overwrites all the data on the phone and takes it back to stock -- fresh, out-of-the-box-stock. Everything that's on the phone (not the SD card) is erased. The only thing anyone looking at the phone can see is the stock software. Totally virgin. Your contacts, texts, apps, settings, wallpaper, etc. are all wiped out.

hahahhahahaha!!! funny guy!!! (my wifes a size 7 shoe, not 9, hahaha!!)

How do I get this rsd lite or sbf_flash? I have a droid x, not a d1.

Last edited:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Not a problem. You'll want RSD Lite 4.8 or 4.9 and the SBF for your bootloader -- I'm assuming it's 30.04 -- so you don't run into issues.

What system version do you have? It should be 2.3.340 or something like that. It's in the about phone section of your settings.