Your favorite ROM for the X

Drummer.graham

Reaction score
Trying apex right now and loving it. Also tried gummyjar and darkslide. Gummyjar was the most flawless rom so far but my apex battery life is way better. If apex stays running as flawless as gummyjar, then I will stick with it. Here is apex with revolutionblue.
aefcda71-156a-ddef.jpg

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

droidrev71

Reaction score
IMO.. fission is #1on my list. Fast, stable, and always some new option or theme. Fission's Rom Manager makes everything just so easy. The frm saves so much time!!! team defuse!!! Next, imo, would be darkslide. Always stable and great support.

mdowns989

Reaction score
I use the Apex roms because they allow some blur to be used... 1.3.1 was super fast considering...focused is ALWAYS blazing fast and reliable... 1.9.5 has a GB theme and so far im loving it... both about equal in their own areas

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well here was the last screeny I got before I got a short reboot and messed up my battery history.

Here is how Darkslide v4.1 runs with normal use. Yes this includes over night during battery saver.
aefd4498-dc70-5b46.jpg

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Some say the Tron theme works with it, but I don't recommend it.

And Darkslide is already themed with this theme when you install it. It comes with it.

Edit:Someone claims plenty of themes work w/DS. But I haven't tried them, so I don't have a list.

Last edited:

Valvoline

Reaction score
so here i am, back visiting the forums after a hiatus of say 3 months? come to find out i might as well have been thawed out from a big block of ice.......last time i stopped in here was to pick up the new flyx (woohoo, back then.....) with a nextheme on top of it.
guess why i am back? yup, need help with flyX, and.......there is no help!!!

So, time for a new rom for me! gonna try gummy jar with some theme on it that includes blue stuff, any ideas?

anyway, this is my deal......
my system version is 2.3.9.mb810.etcetc
android version is FlyX final (duh)
kernel 2.6.32.9-blablabla

am i good to go with gummyjar right over top of it all? just Dl it and install with rom manager? and yes, sorry about the easy/lazy way out. i could read about a 1000 pages of info regarding this issue but maybe i could get a pass?....?

thanks, Simon V

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
so here i am, back visiting the forums after a hiatus of say 3 months? come to find out i might as well have been thawed out from a big block of ice.......last time i stopped in here was to pick up the new flyx (woohoo, back then.....) with a nextheme on top of it.

So, time for a new rom for me! gonna try gummy jar with some theme on it that includes blue stuff, any ideas?

am i good to go with gummyjar right over top of it all? just Dl it and install with rom manager? and yes, sorry about the easy/lazy way out. i could read about a 1000 pages of info regarding this issue but maybe i could get a pass?....?

thanks, Simon V

I'm pretty sure the newest of the GummyJAR version is for the leak 2.3.320 or for the OTA 2.3.340.

But I've been known to be wrong at least a hald dozen times in my life.

I would post any questions on his newest release thread to get what you need:)

This is a poll for voting for your favorite ROM.

Oh, welcome back!

castxaway

Reaction score
Gummyjar and Apex are both equally reliable for me, but I prefer the option between blur and AOSP messaging and email on Apex, plus I get significantly better battery life on Apex.

But based on the screenshot above and the unreal battery life you're getting, I might have to try out darkslide pretty soon.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Gummyjar and Apex are both equally reliable for me, but I prefer the option between blur and AOSP messaging and email on Apex, plus I get significantly better battery life on Apex.

But based on the screenshot above and the unreal battery life you're getting, I might have to try out darkslide pretty soon.

Yea I back this ROM 100%. But I have to add the battery life will vary from user to user.

I check email, text, play angry birds, make calls and have my face in the forums quite a bit. But I don't have facebook or twitter running constantly, and I have a lot frozen with Titanium Backup.
aefd52f8-5f9d-9ac9.jpg

Valvoline

Reaction score

thanks, Simon V

I'm pretty sure the newest of the GummyJAR version is for the leak 2.3.320 or for the OTA 2.3.340.

But I've been known to be wrong at least a hald dozen times in my life.

I would post any questions on his newest release thread to get what you need:)

This is a poll for voting for your favorite ROM.

Oh, welcome back!
yeah, i got you. i just did a search for flyX and this thread was in the results so i gave it a shot. i'll go check out the gummyjar threads.