Yahoo Mail Draining Battery

samfez

Reaction score
As with most people on Friday, June 23rd my yahoo email stopped working. I went to Verizon and they had me download the Yahoo Mail app. Since then my battery life has dropped to nothing. I litterally have to charge my phone halfway through the day and then as soon as I get home again, whereas before I could go all day and sometimes even late into the night before recharging.

Dumb question I am sure, but does anyone know of a different e-mail program that would allow me to view all my yahoo accounts or is there a way to view them using my gmail account? Anything to help save the battery life would be better than what I have now.

lemodular

Reaction score
My Yahoo mailed also stopped syncing. After various failed attempts including deleting and re-installing my accounts many times, my email is finally working again without installing a third party app. My solution was simply deleting the old account reboot and then re-added the account then reboot again (windows mentality, lol). Not sure why that worked for me, perhaps a coincidence with Yahoo's servers kicking in or a true fix.

The main reason I did not want to install a third party app such as the official Yahoo app, is for the exact reason you discovered; it's a resource hog. So I would suggest you uninstall the Yahoo app and clear your Yahoo account from the stock email client and reboot. Then re-add your account(s) and reboot...this worked for me.

AngryHatter

Reaction score
I would guess the app is polling for mail frequently.
Look for a setting for the polling interval and make it large or upon request only.

Maildroid