Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
They are out of stock for 10 days so I had to pay for one to be shipped to me and get it refunded when I return the trash one. This really sucks big time. Now I have no phone until Wednesday.

Last Year when I had got the Storm 1 I had the same problem. It just kept rebooting over and over again. I would miss calls. I took it back to Verizon Store and they told me to wait for the Upgrade. The Upgrade helped with that problem but I have an Virus on the phone. To this day I had trouble with the phone. I can't wait to get my Droid X!!!

baxtelf

Reaction score
It would not be so bad if it was not continuously rebooting. I can't use it at all because there is about 10 seconds between reboots. Even in safe mode this happens.

kryptogrowl

Reaction score
I'm starting to get worried that I won't get a replacement phone this Thursday from my local store.

I just switched from AT&T should I go back?

I really don't want to but I want the Droid X or Incredible and don't want to wait till August for a working phone.

Any advice?

LGermaine

Reaction score
This has started happening with the Droid X since the update to Gingerbread.

DRIOD Cauly

Reaction score
The only way to fix the rebooting, problem to the Driod X is to Factory reset your phone twice, and it will fix the problem. I think there is a glich from the OA download of GB that go out to some phones, along with the type of apps that some people have running on there phone.

anopy1

Reaction score
The only way to fix the rebooting, problem to the Driod X is to Factory reset your phone twice, and it will fix the problem. I think there is a glich from the OA download of GB that go out to some phones, along with the type of apps that some people have running on there phone.

This doesn't fix anything. I tried multiple factory resets and it didn't help. I returned the phone, got a refurb and this phone does it as well.

wade234

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I am on my second phone in 2 weeks and several factory resets. The only common application running each time is a music app. Never the same app (Pandora, Slacker, Sky Radio, Google Music). I also noticed phones getting really hot when using stock browser. Getting my next replacement today and not installing anything except Google music, Facebook and email. I will see what happens. It has come to, why have the phone if you can't use anything on it.

anopy1

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing if your new phone is any better. I don't want to bother exchanging mine again if it's going to keep happening.

wade234

Reaction score
Nope no better. Rebooted 10 minutes out of the box. I went to the store they did another factory reset and I am on my 3rd restart of the day. Still only thing common is playing music but this time through Pandora. I called Motorola and they said I would have to send the phone to them (for about 2 weeks). Called Verizon and they said they wanted me to try formatting memory card and not move back any files. I am going to try it. They are now saying I have a corrupt movie or music file on the card. This is the last thing I am trying.

lnjos

Reaction score
My phone was doing this several times a day, but only when I was using wifi. If the connection timed out, my phone would freeze and I'd have to pull the battery. Verizon "fixed" it by sending me a refurb. No issues since refurb + gingerbread update.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Android.

Mine has been doing it for 9 months, through two or 3 different OS versions and updates, rooted and non-rooted, etc... We spent quite a bit of time in a couple threads trying to lock down a pattern.

Go into any phone section on this forum or others and you will see the same thread.

Spontaneous reboots are very common with Android phones, have been for a year now. It's not a GB or OTA thing, there is some flaw in the OS itself that causes or lets this happen.

anopy1

Reaction score
That may be the case, but I had my phone since release day and it never did it until GB.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
My phone has rebooted a few times after the GB updated (rooted .596) but it only happens when streaming music, specifically when using Amzon MP3. I dont stream music that much, but each time I have I get one reboot, and the time frame varies.