Random rebooting and/or shutting down

bradgsanford

Reaction score
I, too, lived with reboots for about a week and took it back and got a new one that hasn't rebooted on me a single time. If it's rebooting, you definitely need to take it back.

Loyrl

Reaction score
Mine has rebooted twice (I have had it for almost 2 weeks) that I have noticed, is there an event log or anything I could look at? (Doubtful)

wjmg1960

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the phone just rebooting itself or shutting down without notice? I've had the phone since it came out and this has happened 3 times so far.
i just did today. i went to check why i hadn't received any e-mail notifications and when i looked, the phone had completely shut down. tried to turn it back on and would not come back on. took out the battery and it finally came back on. not sure if i should bring it back or not.

boatman2220

Reaction score
The first Droid I picked up started acting wonky just hours after getting it home. Random shutdown, restart, and freezing up. It was right after they came out. Any issues weren't widely known then. Luckily it did the trick for them while they were checking it out. Since then this has been documented many times. I'd take it back. Never had to do a battery pull or had random restarts with this one.

mynameiserich

Reaction score
I am having similar issues. My Droid reboots about once or twice every day or so. It doesn't seem to be related to any apparently either. Are some people NEVER experiencing these reboots? If so, that is more than enough of a reason to get mine replaced.

mynameiserich

Reaction score
After reading so many others had the similar problem I called verizon, and they just put a new droid in the mail for me and I just send them my old one back. That makes it easy enough. Hopefully this resolves my issues as well as a few others I have been having.

mynameiserich

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed this pattern??

I just got my replacement phone and it is still restarting. But I have tracked why it's doing it. If I open up my gallery and scroll through all the pictures (I have a lot because I loaded on images for viewing from my laptop), and then i exit the gallery and put my phone in sleep mode...within a minute it reboots itself...anyone experiencing this?? I am going to have to format my memory card

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Well, my phone shut down and rebooted itself 3 times today (that I noticed). This is the first day I've experienced such behavior.

I thought back and remember downloading 4 apps last night (all games) so I went ahead and unloaded them all.

I go to the gym tonight, take care of some stuff, get home and check my battery life and what's been using it. I see "3 hours 59 minutes since unplugged". Well, I went to the gym at 6 and got home just before 12, meaning the phone randomly shut itself off at 7:44 while I was at the gym.

So, WTF??? This is my 3rd damn unit!!

So, gonna see how it goes tomorrow. If this one has to go back, I will (for real this time) be forced to return it for good. I mean, this phone is awesome but I can't see this thing lasting 2 years when I've gone through 3 of them in 3 weeks and after my 30 day grace period is up I really don't see VZ being too helpful with the situation as the experiences I've had with the customer service already suck big time.:icon_frown:

Last edited:

daddyd302

Reaction score
My Droid has shut itself off 2 times now. It refuses to turn on and I have to remove the battery to reboot it. First time was a few days after I got it, second time was today. Man, I should of kept my first Droid, it was nearly flawless expect for a few times where the number 3 and 6 refuses to work for a few seconds when entering phone mode. I'm just gonna put up with it as I don't want to take it in for a refurb. I don't have the rebooting issue.

Last edited:

daddyd302

Reaction score
format sd card then do factory reset fixed mine.

Gonna see if that helps. It has happen 3 times now and all my picture, movies and songs are all gone on the card. It seems the phone deleted everything on it except for the apps.

Droids

Reaction score
Yeah I wonder if it's more of a corupted Sd card than a phone issue. If they send a replacement and you put your SD card in it and the problems continue, well...

I would format the card and do the factory reset, then keep a close eye on what apps you install. I only install apps that get great reviews, and no one complains about force closes and that sort of thing.

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
My phone kept shutting down yesterday, probably 5 times or so. I checked the SD card and it was formatted, so I couldn't do that. I then pressed, "unmount SD card" and the phone would just shut off. Did this 3 or 4 times.

So, I did a factory reset, tried it again and it was good to go. No more shut downs, since I did that, yesterday............

therock

Reaction score
Had my 1st one today but it may have been me. It froze and restarted. I seen no Motorola icon, just the red eye.

I was blasting through every setting in the thing looking for an email problem. So I may have worked her over.

This sound legit?