Help...constant reboot

autumnsky

Reaction score
I have had my Erid Droid for about a month now and it has worked perfectly until today. I downloaded the app Layers. After I did this my phone went into a continual reboot. It shuts down and then restarts itself. It is up and on for a few minutes and then shutdown and restarts again. It has been doing it for about 3 hours now. I shut it down, took out the battery and hoped for a hard reboot, but to no avail. I can only get as far as the "My downloads" screen to try to uninstall the app "Layers". Any suggestions on what I can do?

OP
A

autumnsky

Reaction score
I found the answer in the Tech forum. There seems to be some connection between this problem and the antivirus app. As sson as I uninstalled the app, my droid came back as it's reliable old self! I am again a happy Droid Lover!:icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hi Autumn...yes you are the second one to have this problem today.

Good for you for finding the answer : )

Glad you got the issue worked out. Have a happy and safe New Year.

MJ5150

Reaction score
There seems to be some connection between this problem and the antivirus app. As sson as I uninstalled the app, my droid came back as it's reliable old self!

Same with me. I DL'ed an update for antiVirus, then my phone started wigging out.

-Mike

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I'm always saying that I don't believe antivirus is necessary however it doesn't hurt if you want to install it. I guess in some cases it does.