Help...constant reboot

autumnsky

Reaction score
I have had my Erid Droid for about a month now and it has worked perfectly until today. I downloaded the app Layers. After I did this my phone went into a continual reboot. It shuts down and then restarts itself. It is up and on for a few minutes and then shutdown and restarts again. It has been doing it for about 3 hours now. I shut it down, took out the battery and hoped for a hard reboot, but to no avail. I can only get as far as the "My downloads" screen to try to uninstall the app "Layers". Any suggestions on what I can do?

I found the answer in the Tech forum. There seems to be some connection between this problem and the antivirus app. As sson as I uninstalled the app, my droid came back as it's reliable old self! I am again a happy Droid Lover!:icon_ banana:

Hi Autumn...yes you are the second one to have this problem today.

Good for you for finding the answer : )

Glad you got the issue worked out. Have a happy and safe New Year.

There seems to be some connection between this problem and the antivirus app. As sson as I uninstalled the app, my droid came back as it's reliable old self!

Same with me. I DL'ed an update for antiVirus, then my phone started wigging out.

-Mike

Interesting. I'm always saying that I don't believe antivirus is necessary however it doesn't hurt if you want to install it. I guess in some cases it does.

Back