Tough Day for My Droid!

billyk

Reaction score
Earlier today my Droid suffered from the glitch where the battery indicates 5% left after a full nights charge. A simple restart fixed that. Now, my Droid went completely dead. Couldn't even use the power button to reboot. I had to remove the battery and then reboot. Thankfully, that worked!

This is after one month of perfect stability. Anyone experience the total Droid shutdown?

gruve

Reaction score
I haven't experienced that but my wife said last night her Eris battery has been draining quickly when it's fully charged and sitting on stand by all day. Fully charged in the morning and by 8pm it's on low battery with very minimal use.

JamesX

Reaction score
It happened to me randomly for the first time, I thought my DROID broke. But a battery pull got it back up running. But since them, the DROID seems to be working fine.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Today was bad for mine too. Dropped it twice in the locker room changing for gym. Has a little scratch in the corner of the screen now. Then my friends decided to try to guess my lock combo and couldn't and had to factory reset my phone b/c i couldn't get my password to work...

Guchi

Reaction score
Today was bad for mine too. Dropped it twice in the locker room changing for gym. Has a little scratch in the corner of the screen now. Then my friends decided to try to guess my lock combo and couldn't and had to factory reset my phone b/c i couldn't get my password to work...

that lock screen is dangerous

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
No new applications to potentially cause the total shutdown. If these two issues are the only ones I encounter in a month of heavy use, that's not too bad IMO.

Maybe 2.1 will remedy these glitches?

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Ouch - My Droid went completely dead again today.

Pulled the battery, restarted, all is OK.

I REALLY hope 2.1 addresses whatever is ailing my Droid!

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
A factory reset would probably take care of whatever is ailing you.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Yeah - a factory reset is an alternative - but I think I'll wait a little longer to see if this repeats. If so, a reset will be in order.

From what I've read, it's not too uncommon for this to happen once/twice.

Silver Member
Reaction score
never happened to me. happened to my wife. i use the dock at night, she uses a cable. the cable can be tricky to get in, so make sure it is going in straight when you're charging it at night.

this has been the only common theme i've found with the issue. since instructing her to double-check, she hasn't had it happen again.

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Thanks 640.

I use a dock, like you.

The Droid is quite a complex device (hardware and software) and also quite new - sometimes a dangerous combination!

Silver Member
Reaction score
i did have one night where i thought i docked properly and i didn't push the phone all the way down. the magnet still invoked the multimedia app (clock) so i didn't think i wasn't charging.

always make sure your contacts are final.