Droid 2 Rebooting Constantly + Low On Space?

DeltaZX

Reaction score
When I woke up today, my Droid 2 was constantly rebooting itself and when I would see the notification bar for a moment, it would say something about low on space. Sometime the low space notification wouldn't appear and it would look like it was going to work, but then it would restart.

Also, it doesn't seem to be 'restarting' so much as it does 'starting' over and over. It never goes through the shut down animations or anything.

aes1783

Reaction score
When I woke up today, my Droid 2 was constantly rebooting itself and when I would see the notification bar for a moment, it would say something about low on space. Sometime the low space notification wouldn't appear and it would look like it was going to work, but then it would restart.

Also, it doesn't seem to be 'restarting' so much as it does 'starting' over and over. It never goes through the shut down animations or anything.

Were you ever able to find an answer to this? We use this phone at my company and one of the guys who has it just came to me with this problem and of course it's out of warranty!

aes1783

Reaction score
No, the phone doesn't stay powered up long enough to go through any menu options.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to get into the full graphic UI of the home system to do it. Pull the battery. Hold the "X" key on the physical keyboard as you power the phone on. When the Android and "!" inside the triangle appear, press both the up and down volume keys. This will give you the factory recovery menu. Select wipe data/factory reset with either the volume keys or the keyboard arrows, then use return on the keyboard to enter the next menu and choose yes, then press return again.

aes1783

Reaction score
I realized that shortly after I replied back. I did try that and so far so good, but only time will tell. Thanks!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem. Should help out, but honestly phones with carrier bloatware are always going to be less stable because they are constantly running background processes that eat up your memory. One reason why I'm likely kissing Moto goodbye on my next upgrade.