Droid 1 - Phone storage space is getting low.

wolfpackron

Reaction score
My Droid One has a message "Low on space" and "Phone storage space is getting low." Internal phone storage available space is 25.07mb. The total space is 14.93gb and available space is 10.09gb. Shortly after the new software update took place, I had a lot of apps to start upgrading. Then the message happened. How do I move apps from the phone storage to the removable card? I have the "App 2 SD free" on my phone, but it does not seem to be working. How do I free up space on my phone storage? Thanks in advance. WolfpackRon.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the message too, but it went away of its own after the updates. I use Super Box myself for that, but I've already moved what can be moved without being rooted.

Are you rooted?

OP
wolfpackron

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Not rooted. Updates having problem updating. Very slowly updating.

I will continue to let the updates finish.

Thanks

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not rooted either and what I've done is look hard and see what I really need, then I uninstalled what I didn't use or need.

OP
wolfpackron

wolfpackron

Reaction score
I am getting "update unsuccessful" messages while trying to update apps.

I removed some unnecessary apps and the apps seem to be updating properly.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For me, it depends on the app. Most of the "update unsuccessful" messages I get is when I have the "Update All" message. One of them is maybe "Manual Update" only and I have to try again.

dro855

Reaction score
I had the same issue a few weeks ago. I was down to 25Mb; now I'm at 66Mb with about 100 apps and the phone is much quicker and fluid. Do the following

1. Remove apps you don't truly use; even those that are moved to the SD card still take up some phone memory, though not as much
2. Go to Manage Apps, click "All" and then list by size. Clear the data and cache on those you see fit. The only apps I didn't clear data on were those that held settings I din't want erased which was only a few

Clear the data and cache for the Market and yours apps should have not problem updating

samiusmc

Reaction score
I had that problem a while back and I noticed something that was taking-up space:

For some reason, the Android Twitter app was using 30 or 40 mb to store data.

Go to settings, manage applications, all, and check each app's total data usage.
If you find an app using an extraordinary amount of data, wipe the data. That freed-up lots of space for me. I don't know if it will solve your problem but it's worth a shot.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's also a free app called DiskUsage that what is on either internal or sd storage.

For me the native email app is using 35MB. It seems it keeps the emails I delete; a whooping 1,705 messages. I also discovered that it will only allow deleting from trash one at at time! I have since cleared the data (which cleared everything...trash, sent, settings) and installed K-9. It has the option to use the sd card for storage and you can empty the trash all at once.