Low on space

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got the "low on space" notifier and it was driving me nuts. I checked my SD card memory, internal phone storage, and phone memory, which all had plenty of space. I found this thread and was sad to see that the suggested solution was to hard reset your phone.

I use chompsms for my messaging, and it hit me that I had a lot of picture messages lingering in my conversations. I say lingering because they werent saved to my phone or SD card to my knowledge. So I went through and deleted them and it worked! No more low on space notifier.

This may work on the default messaging app too.

So surely before you do a hard reset, try this first.

What I found was that anything I tried would work for a day or two, but the issue would come back. How long has it been since you've been message free?

danielc111

Reaction score
I got the "low on space" notifier and it was driving me nuts. I checked my SD card memory, internal phone storage, and phone memory, which all had plenty of space. I found this thread and was sad to see that the suggested solution was to hard reset your phone.

I use chompsms for my messaging, and it hit me that I had a lot of picture messages lingering in my conversations. I say lingering because they werent saved to my phone or SD card to my knowledge. So I went through and deleted them and it worked! No more low on space notifier.

This may work on the default messaging app too.

So surely before you do a hard reset, try this first.

What I found was that anything I tried would work for a day or two, but the issue would come back. How long has it been since you've been message free?

It has been a little over a week and I haven't seen the message at all since I've done this. Good luck!

MattPHS2002

Reaction score
I really hate to dredge up an old thread but are we sure the only way to beat this is a hard reset?

mamawm

Reaction score
delete all texts, delete call history, go through all apps and clear cache and data (if it's not needed). i got the message a couple of times and this is what i did. now i just watch the space level and when is gets down around 30mg or so, i just go ahead and do all this and i've never had to do a hard reset.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
delete all texts, delete call history, go through all apps and clear cache and data (if it's not needed). i got the message a couple of times and this is what i did. now i just watch the space level and when is gets down around 30mg or so, i just go ahead and do all this and i've never had to do a hard reset.

Also, if you use the Twitter app, check its usage. I find that the Twitter app blows up over time. I ended up just completely uninstalling it and using Tweetdeck instead.

rubberbandtm

Reaction score
Why does it say application data space low ? I have all apps on SD and tons of space left on both my phone n SD card. If someone could help me I'd appreciate it. Thank you !

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Because the apps2sd partition is getting low I would think. Put them all back on your phone (they will run better and give you more room).

sent from a D2G with Liberty 2

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I keep getting a message stating "Phone storage space low " How do I free up space if needed? Any help would be appreciated. I am not computer savy.
Thanks

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Good afternoon, I keep getting a message stating "Phone storage space low " How do I free up space if needed? Any help would be appreciated. I am not computer savy.
Thanks

WillisD

Reaction score
Try moving some apps to your sdcard, clear some caches , delete old texts, etc and see if that helps

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Hi Willis, after moving some items to SD card, I am still receiving low memory & text message memory full
Any other suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

WillisD

Reaction score
Did you delete old text messages? You can also do a factory data reset and just redownload your apps. Your contacts are already backed up with google, you just sign in

phillyjohn

Reaction score
Hi Willis, I have deleted old text messages, but I have some backed up in an app called SMS backup & restore,
Thanks