Wow, does this phone pocket dial alot.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had the same thing occur. I am very sure I don't hit the dial button and it does occur from the call log screen. Suddenly I'll look down and the phone will be calling someone. I always lock the phone before putting it in my pocket so this occurs while talking and pacing, finishing the call and carrying the phone to a table. Sometimes I notice it is calling in my hand and other times after the phone has been set down.

No Call Log. Perfect.
I've decided the Droid doesn't need a manual. It should however come with a shortcut on the desktop to this forum!

OP
greyghost04

greyghost04

Reaction score
Why are you using a handheld phone while driving?

Zak,
In theory you are right. It is still legal here, but I really wish they would ban it nationwide and then I would use my bluetooth headset more often or all the time.

FireDroid

Reaction score

Because there are still people out there that CAN drive and talk on a phone without killing anyone! I talk on mine because I have a jeep that is really lound when trying to use speaker so it is eaiser to just hold to my ear.

Also, why do you care??

iPirate

Reaction score
Sounds like a case of nipple dialing. I have never had pocket dial, evar.

darreno1

Reaction score
There's a screen lock for a reason. Never had this happen either.

TBV

Reaction score
It truly mystifies me that some people refuse to use either a wired or bluetooth headset while driving, there is absolutely no disputing that it is safer to do so.

Whether it is the law in your state or not, it is your responsibility to be a safe driver. Period.

iPirate

Reaction score
It truly mystifies me that some people refuse to use either a wired or bluetooth headset while driving, there is absolutely no disputing that it is safer to do so.

Whether it is the law in your state or not, it is your responsibility to be a safe driver. Period.
I believe I read that even wireless headsets distract drivers who talk and drive.

I talk on the phone while driving but I often ignore the person on the phone and focus on driving. Driving is always my first priority and the phone is last.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
First of all the app your looking for is YOUR FINGER. Lock the phone - I can do it while driving and get into my jeans.

Second of all my car (Nissan) 's bluetooth is not yet compatible with the Droid. However the droid is so good that I can put it in the cupholder or the seat next to me and people think I'm on bluetooth.

Droids

Reaction score

Because there are still people out there that CAN drive and talk on a phone without killing anyone! I talk on mine because I have a jeep that is really lound when trying to use speaker so it is eaiser to just hold to my ear.

Also, why do you care??
Because I could be the person you kill one of these days. Seriously though, I've had a cell phone of one type or another for probably twenty years now, and although I feel I'm far more qualified than a lot of people when it comes to cell phones and driving (you can always spot the people that have no business talking and driving) I'll say this: I bought my very first bluetooth headset after getting the Droid, never cared for them before. I keep one in my truck at all times now, it is far better than holding a heavy phone to my ear and so much safer, for me and others on the road. Not trying to preach, but once you've had a good bluetooth you'll never go back.

wil318466

Reaction score

Some people can drive safely while talking on the phone. Most can't, because they dont' have the proper eye/hand/mind coordination to do so.

Personally, I've been talking on cell phones while driving for the last 6 years. I've recently switched to blue tooth/speaker setup because of the law, but I still occasionally do it. For me, its not an issue, I've never come close to having an accident while on the phone, because of the phone.

You may deem it "safer", and it most likely is for most people, but it doesn't add any safety for me. I drive with my knees, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee at the same time. I concentrate on *driving* first, not talking, not drinking. If I drop the phone, it just stays there until its safe for me to pick it up, hell, I"ve dropped a cigarette ON MY LAP and let it burn my pants before I lean down to pick it up. Most people don't have that type of behavior, hence they cause accidents.

-Wil

wil318466

Reaction score
First of all the app your looking for is YOUR FINGER. Lock the phone - I can do it while driving and get into my jeans.

Second of all my car (Nissan) 's bluetooth is not yet compatible with the Droid. However the droid is so good that I can put it in the cupholder or the seat next to me and people think I'm on bluetooth.

Searched for "YOUR FINGER" in market. No results.

-Wil

ShowTime

Reaction score

Just to play devil's advocate here, what in your mind makes it safer? There have been studies that have found that as far as mental distraction goes, it's engaging in the conversation itself that distracts most, not the method in which one is hearing it (meaning on that basis, handheld=bluetooth=handsfree). So I'd assume the primary reason would be that it's keeping one of your hands busy? That said, are you really someone who drives with both hands on the wheel normally? I'll admit I'm not, so holding a phone or not, I only have 1 hand on the wheel. I suppose it can be a distraction if you happen to drop the phone while talking, a problem avoided by handsfree... but still. Ok devil's advocate over. :icon_ devil:

I will say lastly, that I have no problem with government trying to make everyone safer. I do, however, have a problem with them encouraging the use of bluetooth earpieces in cars because it will only inevitably lead to more bluetooth earpiece use out of cars, which will increase the country's already upsetting high rate of doucheness, and eventually lead to the downfall of man. yada yada yada I find it incredibly annoying when people use their bluetooth earpieces to carry on conversations when they are in no way shape or form in a situation demanding it. (no offense to any of you that do so :biggrin: )

Droids

Reaction score

Some people can drive safely while talking on the phone. Most can't, because they dont' have the proper eye/hand/mind coordination to do so.

Personally, I've been talking on cell phones while driving for the last 6 years. I've recently switched to blue tooth/speaker setup because of the law, but I still occasionally do it. For me, its not an issue, I've never come close to having an accident while on the phone, because of the phone.

You may deem it "safer", and it most likely is for most people, but it doesn't add any safety for me. I drive with my knees, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee at the same time. I concentrate on *driving* first, not talking, not drinking. If I drop the phone, it just stays there until its safe for me to pick it up, hell, I"ve dropped a cigarette ON MY LAP and let it burn my pants before I lean down to pick it up. Most people don't have that type of behavior, hence they cause accidents.

-Wil
He he, I do the same all the time. my knees know the road as well as my hands. I'll eat, drink, smoke, while steering with my knees. I've been doing it for more years than I care to remember and after 40 years of driving I have never once been in an accident. I do still prefer hands free talking when driving but I admit my switch to Bluetooth was due to the weight of the Droid more than anything else.. Frankly, those folks that can't drive with a phone to their ear probably won't be much better drivers with headsets or speaker phones.

Foy

Reaction score
thanks jsh1120!

Thanks for the heads up on Not Call Log.

A great app that does one small yet important thing and nothing else.
Fantastic.

Foy
Las Vegas