Would You Use A 4-Inch Galaxy S9 mini?

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
maxresdefault-jpg.78059

By now the Galaxy Note 8 is old news and all of us tech heads need some juicy rumors to whet the appetite. Yesterday we saw a "leaked" CAD image of the Galaxy S9, and now there is a new rumor suggesting Samsung is working on a Galaxy S9 mini. This will be exciting news for some. Samsung has not sold a mini version of the Galaxy lineup since the Galaxy S5 mini. Back then phones with 5-inch+ displays were considered giant, and there was a much larger market for phones with smaller displays.

I think most of us in the Android world have become accustomed to devices with display sizes of 5" or larger. Anything else at this point seems a bit microscopic. A new report out of Business Korea thinks Samsung is looking to revive the mini lineup next year. According to their sources the Galaxy S9 mini will feature a 4" with curved edges. If the device features the same minimized bezels that we expect to see on the Galaxy S9 this will be one tiny phone. This may end up featuring the same specs as the larger variants at a similar price point. We are still pretty early here so of course take this news with a grain of salt.

via Business Korea

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,597

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe there is a market for these size phones. I can't imagine that everyone wants a phone larger than 5.5. Maybe these will sell OK? Gotta give them credit for testing the waters.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I think the S8 itself was super tiny, but I could see this being a good buy for one-handed users. I'm an S8+ user myself.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I think the S8 itself was super tiny, but I could see this being a good buy for one-handed users. I'm an S8+ user myself.

I have forgotten what it was like using a phone with one hand :) I still try with the note sometimes but one of these days I will pull the thumb out of socket trying to stretch to some letter on the keyboard.

one thing though, since the call the bigger phone a s9+ should they not call the smaller phone s9 - instead of mini :p

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I read somewhere that Samsung is planning on three Galaxy S9 models next year. The regular S9, the S9+ and the S9 Mini.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I'll take a look at it for sure. Was messing around with the note8 and the pixel 2xl yesterday, god damn they were huge!! That's probably why I might just go with the regular pixel 2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A.O

Reaction score
I totally would guve it a try. It's easy to see where they coming from - Apple got the SE to cash in on 5S success. And it's selling well for first time Apple users or those on a budget... and Samsung wants that market share from them - I jus hope the battery is 2k MaH or more n has the wireless charging.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk