Would you trade your Rezound....

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Dear fellow Rezound owners.

I hate to say it but I came across two separate opportunities and I'm curious on what the rest of you think and what you would do.

Now let me start by saying this has been by far the best phone I've had and there have been a few. The main reason for contemplating this is because I can't deal with this battery issue anymore. It has grown rather tiresome.

Now my options are as follow. Straight up trade for either the iPhone 4S or the Droid Razr Maxx.

My cons are:

Razr Maxx - Not %100 sure about this battery either. More research needed.

iPhone 4S - I've never been anything but an Android user but my wife has the iPhone and in messing with it, now, this is my opinion but it doesn't even compare to Android. It is a great phone but the lack of customization is huge and the turn by turn navigation.

Let me know you thoughts.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

Snoking

Reaction score
No way. With my extended battery the Rezound is everything I want or need. My two small complaints are the display in bright sun and Bluetooth issues. I can live with those two items. Hopefully ICS will fix the BT. If people are concerned about holding the extended Rezound, I say go to the store and hold the Razr or Maxx for 30 minutes each.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
NOTHING on VZ currently or coming in the foreseeable future makes me want to trade my Rezound. With the extended battery and ics leak this is by far the best phone I've ever had. There is only one phone available in the US that I would take over the Rezound and the is the HTC One X. After the One X the Rezound is the best phone out. IMNSHO

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I have both, the Maxx and Rezound.

I get roughly 5 hours with my Rezound with heavy use. With my Maxx, I get atleast 12 hours with heavy use.

If the Maxx had the Rezound's camera, it would be my perfect phone.

Snoking

Reaction score
mysticalmalissa said:
I have both, the Maxx and Rezound.

I get roughly 5 hours with my Rezound with heavy use. With my Maxx, I get atleast 12 hours with heavy use.

If the Maxx had the Rezound's camera, it would be my perfect phone.

Put the extended battery in that Rezound, it will give that Maxx a run for its money.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Snoking said:
Put the extended battery in that Rezound, it will give that Maxx a run for its money.

That is true. Just by alittle the Maxx will go longer but not by much. And also the Rezound has a better radio than the Maxx if you are in a fringe 4g area. Since I am, the Maxx when I had it would switch between 4g and 3g a lot. My Rezound would hold the 4g connection a lot better and I do mean a lot. But like another poster said, in the sunlight the Rezound sucks but I can live with it.

By all means do not trade for a apple 4s. I made that mistake with my Razr and in 2 days I traded it for a Rezound. I hated it so much. The screen is so small on the 4s and other things.

ryanr509

Reaction score
Trade for whatever makes u happy. Not everyone enjoys android for certain reasons just like ppl don't like apple for certain reasons. I for one loved my iPhone 4. The iPhone was probably one of the smoothest phones I've owned and not one force close for the 6 months I had it. Battery life was much better than what I get on my RAZR. The only thing I missed on Android was the free music and some Widgets. I don't root or rom though so I don't care to much about customization. O and no waiting around for updates. U know when the big updates come once a year and it goes out to almost all apple devices for at least the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
I spent three days at the track over the weekend takin pics and vids all day, I set it to 3G to conserve some battery and it lasted all day easy with the big battery.

I can't imagine a phone doing much better than the Rezound with the Extended OE battery.

wildride89

Reaction score
I agree with loudram I haven't seen anything that I would really want. I've had mine for 3bmonths and I'm happy. I've gotten a little bored of flashing etc. My rezound runs good off rezrom and I have been using that Rom for a month or so.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Yea, the camera on the HTC One-X looks to be pretty cool, but it's not THAT much better and the camera on the G-III looks to be slightly worse than the Rezound, although it does have some nicer features like a better burst mode. The G-III does have some nicer features/widgets that look cool, but again, not worth paying $700 for.

Now, if I could get a G-III with the HTC One-X camera in it and upgrade it to a 12 MP shooter, then we would be talking. Basically take all the best features of the One-X and S-III rolled into a new phone with a 12 MP camera. A phone like that won't come out until the end of the year or sometime next year though. I've had the Rezound for 6 months now and I'm glad I upgraded when I did. Very happy with this purchase. I would have hated to hold on to my eris to wait till July for the G-III and then probably pay $100 over what I paid for the Rezound.

Snoking

Reaction score
acousticshade said:
Yea, the camera on the HTC One-X looks to be pretty cool, but it's not THAT much better and the camera on the G-III looks to be slightly worse than the Rezound, although it does have some nicer features like a better burst mode. The G-III does have some nicer features/widgets that look cool, but again, not worth paying $700 for.

Now, if I could get a G-III with the HTC One-X camera in it and upgrade it to a 12 MP shooter, then we would be talking. Basically take all the best features of the One-X and S-III rolled into a new phone with a 12 MP camera. A phone like that won't come out until the end of the year or sometime next year though. I've had the Rezound for 6 months now and I'm glad I upgraded when I did. Very happy with this purchase. I would have hated to hold on to my eris to wait till July for the G-III and then probably pay $100 over what I paid for the Rezound.

Who is shooting poster quality photos with a phone? MPs are not all it takes to shoot a quality photo. Think lens!

acousticshade

Reaction score
Who is shooting poster quality photos with a phone? MPs are not all it takes to shoot a quality photo. Think lens!

Why not be able to shoot poster quality with my phone would be my question? I don't doubt in the future it will happen. Heck 36 MP cameras were a dream just 2 years ago and 3 MP was the standard for camera phones. The short focal length and small lens are limitations, but they seem to keep improving and it's amazing what camera phones can do now.

It would be nice if the lens and inner camera workings were improved too, but if everything else on the camera is equal, I'll still take a 12MP camera over a 8 MP camera anyday. It allows me to digital zoom and crop and still retain some nice high quality prints.