Would you trade your MAXX?

Reaction score
I have an opportunity to trade my maxx for an sgs3.

My question is, would you take this trade? Why or why not?

My biggest gripe right now is the battery life, it would be difficult to go back to charging a phone daily.

Another gripe i have is the touch whiz ui. I like the darker colors and feel that come with blur, and simplex ROM on top of that is great. I still don't know how i feel about all the bright colors that touch whiz uses.

I have zero complaints with my maxx running simplex ROM, i guess I'm just getting bored with it. (not the ROM, just the phone in general) I've always been this way, constantly switching phones.

Last edited:

FyrJammer

Reaction score
Tough call. I love the Maxx for the battery life and "accident resistant" construction, but at the same time, the way SGIII's software is ALMOST makes me want to switch.
Good Luck.

cbreze

Reaction score
I wouldn't switch to any samsung product, but I also wouldn't leave the Maxx yet as it is still doing just what I need in all regards. It's hard to find a phone that satisfies me 100%. I used to be like you and would get bored and want something newer and different. I ended up with a drawer full of phones and an empty wallet. My Maxx will continue to serve me well for quite awhile yet so no need to switch. Be very wary of poorer RF with any sammy device. Moto RF is stellar.
btw, I have no problem charging daily. I charge my Maxx daily no matter where it's at. Never could understand the supposed bliss of non daily charging.
My .02

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
HECK NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my reason....
my have the simplex rom. i don't do much with my phone but this rom gives me the best phone ever.....
my wifi tether works for EVERYTHING! (ps3, wii, ipad, laptop, and pc). it's worth that alone.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Pre ICS I would have said no way, but now The Samsung GS III is looking very nice.
MY GF has a GS II and I like it, don't see the problem that people have with Touchwiz.

Maybe when I get my replacement Maxx I'll feel different again?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems to me there was a previous thread asking the same question and if my memory serves me, there was a poster who did switch and switched back due to a weaker radio.....

OP
A
Reaction score
I have heard a few things about the radios. I'll have to research this a little more before i accept the trade.

The sgs3 will get rooted and rom'd right away none of these stock systems shenanigans

Caesars

Reaction score
I love Samsung phones but my maxx has done something that hasn't happened in a long time....I'm content with this phone

Return of the Android

awriternot

Reaction score
No way. The battery life has spoiled me

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk

1person

Reaction score
I bought the Maxx four days ago out right after carefully weighing what the S III vs Maxx could do for me. What can I say? I'm a MOTO girl. Plus, I hate that stupid whistle...

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Outside of boredom it doesn't sound like you have any problems with your Maxx. You like it. Keep it.

If it ain't don't, don't break it.

I suffer from upgradeitis too but I am holding on to my Maxx for a while. To date the longest I have owned a smartphone at almost 8 months. Just remember you will eventually get bored with the SIII too.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hey, I just thought of a great idea for people that suffer from upgradeitus. Join a swap-your-phone community where people can trade their phones with others for free. The original owner of the phone always has the option of reversing his trade to get his phone back. The trade transaction can involve a simple contract that details the trade. If it involves a trade of phones with different $ values, then it can involve trade the phone plus the difference in the value. When the trade is reversed, the difference in value gets reversed (ie. I trade my Maxx valued at $200 for a Razr M at $100. The person who trades to get my Maxx also pays an additional $100 for the trade. When I want my Maxx back, I return his Razr M plus the $100). There would also have to be an agreement that if a person ruins your phone beyond repair that their phone is now owned by you.

Ok, so there might be some loop holes to be ironed out but it could work...maybe? Or is it just a crazy idea?

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
The main problem I have is the fact the 4G takes up so much battery life. I don't have Wi-Fi at my job so I always have to remember to bring my charger with me.