Would you trade in your Droid 4 for a Razr Maxx?

Kas84

Reaction score
Would any of you guys trade in your Droid 4 for a Maxx? I have been let down by the battery life on this phone thus far, but I guess that's the price you pay if you want a physical keyboard. I wish I could have my cake and eat it too (it would have been nice to have a 3300 battery in this phone). If not as big as the Maxx's battery, why not put in at least a 2000? Is anyone else unimpressed with the battery? I downloaded APNDROID yesterday from the Android Market and that, coupled with turning on Airplane Mode helped me conserve battery power through the night.

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

debdroid1a

Reaction score
No. I'm happy with mine.

The battery doesn't bother me. I usually have it plugged in and bought a portable recharger because I needed it for my D1.

OP
K

Kas84

Reaction score
No. I'm happy with mine.

The battery doesn't bother me. I usually have it plugged in and bought a portable recharger because I needed it for my D1.

Yeah I purchased a portable charger for mine as well. I have the Seidio Charging Vault. But my point is this phone didn't have to be like this. There is no good reason as to why they couldn't have put a bigger battery in here, other than to minimize the form factor, which is stupid anyway. We physical qwerty lovers don't really care about how big our phones are, just so long as we have a glorious keyboard to type on, so to say that Motorola was worried a larger battery would have made this phone too big is ridiculous. I can't think of a better or more logical reason as to why the D4 battery is under 2000 mHp

debdroid1a

Reaction score
They couldn't put a bigger battery because it was built and ready after the RAZR was released. And the battery complaints came after the RAZR was released. So Moto made a RAZR Maxx but doubtful they'll do a 4maxx. They said they weren't going to release too many phones after 2012.

MistaMean

Reaction score
Well, if I could get the RAZR Maxx for the same price I paid for my D4 ($149.99 + $50.00 Gift Certificate from BB emailed to me) or FREE then I might consider it. The only advantages the Maxx has over the D4 is the screen size/resolution and battery life. After a few days with my D4 the screen has started to look better (break in?) and I'm improving my battery life through smart actions. I can get now about 12+ hours on a charge and have about 20% left when I get home to put on the charger. Now, I'm not a power user but I have constant email push from Gmail, AOL, and Hotmail, I check this site about five times during the day, ESPN, Youtube and other various web sites through out the day. I live in a 4G area (Augusta, GA) but on Ft Gordon inside the hospital where I work I only get 3G and it struggles to get that because of all the concrete I'm surrounded by, but I'm one of the few between my coworkers who can get reception deep into the building.

All in all I am satisfied with the D4 and I love the keyboard, coming from a tired and slow OG Droid with the keys falling off the keyboard, I was ready to move on. Basically I was tired of waiting and I compromised, us Droid 4 owners didn't get the best display or the biggest battery or ICS (yet!) but we did get a awesome keyboard, the same internals as the RAZR, the DEV community is onboard and the possibility of a global GSM capabilites software update. This is my smartphone for the next 2 years :biggrin:.

LadyHottShott

Reaction score
Nope not at all. The battery on my Droid 4 is excellent. Maybe I'm a light user, so the batter is more than enough for me.

I don't like how the Maxx is wider and skinnier, I prefer the feel of the Droid 4.

But MOST importantly, the Maxx doesn't have a physical keyboard. If it doesn't have a physical keyboard, I'm just not interested.

And to top it all off, I saved myself $100. :)

R2D|2OID

Reaction score
Does the RAZR MAXX have a physical keyboard? Lol. Does anyone here own a Droid 4 who doesn't REQUIRE a physical keyboard? If so, you bought the wrong phone. This question is baffling.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Does the RAZR MAXX have a physical keyboard? Lol. Does anyone here own a Droid 4 who doesn't REQUIRE a physical keyboard? If so, you bought the wrong phone. This question is baffling.

Thank you. You're 100% correct.

mackt

Reaction score
I took the Razr back and got the 4 because the screen is too big, th battery was too small, and the Maxx was too much money to justify. I have always had a Droid 1 and then a 2. I dont use the keyboard much, but the size of the phone is just right and the keyboard is convenient when i need it

wynn1968

Reaction score
Never. I totally agree with comments made about the battery, it should be larger.

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Never. I totally agree with comments made about the battery, it should be larger.

Or even better, replaceable -- and with an optional 3A+ extended version.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

wynn1968

Reaction score
My trial period is over, trading in my 4 for a Razr Maxx.

Not!

Or even better, replaceable -- and with an optional 3A+ extended version.

Perspective instantiates reality.
( By DX w/DF app. )

Last edited:

trisweb

Reaction score
Nope, wouldn't replace it. Coming from the Droid 1 the 4 is nothing but good. Haven't had a problem with battery life overall compared to the D1, though it's not amazingly long lasting or anything. And my favorite part is the keyboard. Once you get accustomed to it (and its small key placement quirks), it's pretty amazing how fast and comfortable it is to type on.

My biggest problem with the D4 is the software. I got rid of the motorola home screen ASAP and rooted and removed as much bloatware as I could, so it's acceptable for the time being, but it would still be great to get a good fresh, clean ROM on there. But really that's not a problem with the phone; it's a problem with Moto/Verizon.