Would you exchange your new Inc2 for this minor flaw?

drop44

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got the Incredible 2 in red. The battery door does not fit flush against the phone. When I am typing in landscape mode, I can feel the battery door flex on the side that is not flush. I also noticed that there is a scratch mark where you put your nail to release the battery door. When the phone arrived, the plastic bag looked like it had been opened, and then closed because the tape had stretched out the plastic a bit.

I love the phone, I will probably put a rubber case around it, so I probably won't notice. However, seeing as how I will be using this phone for the next two years, it kind of bugs me that it isn't in perfect shape.

Thoughts? thanks.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would exchange it - I had a couple of Inc2's, my wife still has one, they're all solid as a rock with no give in the case at all. Sounds like you got one that was played with a bit too hard... the back case is hard to get off after all.

OP
D

drop44

Reaction score
I would exchange it - I had a couple of Inc2's, my wife still has one, they're all solid as a rock with no give in the case at all. Sounds like you got one that was played with a bit too hard... the back case is hard to get off after all.

Okay, my next question is, if I complain about this to Verizon, will I get a new phone or a refurbished one? Thanks for your quick response!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you got it less than 14 days ago they should swap it out for a new one... you can always ask as well. There probably aren't many (if at all) red refurbs anyway since it's brand new.

OP
D

drop44

Reaction score
jntdroid, thanks! I will contact Verizon and see what happens.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I would love a red one so I might keep it just for that... ok no I wouldn't. I'd send it back.
;)

nikecar

Reaction score
My DI2's camera has a burned sensor or something. Same spot on all the pictures now. Lens cover is clean, so it has to be inside.

spot on the left side of the hat.

View attachment 43341

I am hoping they will give me a red one, but doesn't matter as long as its new.

cheryl44

Reaction score
I got the red one I love it

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums