If you broke your droid- what would you do?

boscher50

Reaction score
Last night, I was drinking vodka and I accidentally spilled it ALL OVER my motorola droid.

I picked my phone up and gave it a kiss and whiped it off as fast as i could. I immediately made the screen expand so I could unlock the OS and lmfao-

NOTHING worked. my finger didn't unlock it for like 5 tries and then it finally unlocked- then the fone went CRAZY dude... my fone was typing number, and tryin to text random people etc- I was **** OUT OF LUCK!

I turned my phone off immediately and kissed it maybe 6 times. Turned it back on and it brought me to this boot screen- it was a fkd up screen that scared the **** out of me... it was some weird boot screen that claimed my battery is OK... and that I needed to plug it in-
Plugged it in- got to the OS and the phone started tripping out like it was gonna grow robot legs and fk my life up.

Took out the battery and my depressed ass fell asleep.

Woke up as if it was a nightmare; didn't even try and go back to sleep and went right to my battery and put it in my fone. I turned my fone on and it went to that boot screen again- (had to plug it in AGAIN) FML. I tried to send a msg- it failed saying I was not connected to a network- I couldn't make a phone call or do ANYTHING with the network (No browser, youtube etc)- so
So what I did was... I turned my droid on HOLDING X and I took a shot in the dark at doing a restore (I have a rooted droid)-

I restored my droid to the setting I had right before I installed a rom and now it's working again- my left alt key is temperamental but it works now.

I just want you guys to know how much I love my phone- I should probably get insurance. I literally was a second away from crying.

Thanks a lot for listening.

Mac Attack

Reaction score
After years of problems with my Blackberries I am now a firm believer of spending the extra $5 a month for insurance. I would make a claim once a year just to make it worth my while. If you don't make a stink when ordering your replacement phone by asking for a NEW one they will send you a refurb which for me have never worked as well as the factory NEW ones. Sometimes they will let you upgrade to a different phone in the same price range. I did this for my Blackberry more than once. Like they say, the squeaky wheel gets all the oil so you have to make a stink.

JCo352

Reaction score
I would recommend a better vodka.

I dunno it sounds like his phone got pretty drunk. It passed out, puked up the bootloader screen, and woke up with a with a hangover(not fully functional).

Chilazr

Reaction score
I didn't know there was a Drinking Buddy app now!
But yeah, insurance all the way. A small price to pay for the knowledge that I can run over my phone with my car and get a new one for free.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I bought insurance for the first time simply to avoid having to worry about it.

Seriously, I'd file my claim, have another one sent to me, then fill the old one with peanut butter, see if it could float, put it in the toaster, let it kiss something of mine, then see how far I could throw it. ;)

xkaper

Reaction score
Might I recommend...
kalash.jpg

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Couldn't believe this as I read along... iwas talking out load saying "no... don't keep trying to turn it back on"

Can't stress this enough people ... if your phone gets any kind of wet... take out the battery and give some good drying time... like 48 hours in front of a low speed fan... before you even think of turning it back on...

I love my droid enough to set it free for a couple days... if it comes back then it was meant to be...

Droid does

OP
B

boscher50

Reaction score
my fones been turned on ever since the morning that i reverted to my old settings- it keeps ppppin up with an UPDATE AVAILABLE thing- but i dont want to update my droid until i get home from work so i can be sure to pass the bootlogger screen (since u need a charger)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'll stick to Ciroc or Grey Goose. ;)

I do internal IT and a small side responsibility includes setting up and troubleshooting our field technicians' Blackberry's. Believe me, they know how to tear those things up; between dropping them on the ground, dropping them in water, toilets...and milk, they keep me more busy then I'd prefer. I've heard a rumor that if your phone gets wet, to turn it off and submerge it in a bag of rice, the idea being that the rice will slowly absorb the moisture over time.

Anyone had any success with this?

caseyman4285

Reaction score
I got dropped off at home after work it was rainin outside so I get out of the car go inside about 15 mins later I wanna use my phone right? So I go searchin all through the house can't find it. So I'm freakin out so just as a shot in the dark I go outside and look there's my beloved droid hangin out on. The ground. Soaked. So I pick it up look at the screen and its not only soaked but has tire tread marks on the back so I look at the screen and to no surprise its cracked to hell but surprisingly it still works fine I'm just waiting until I have the extra 89 bucks for my insurance deductable I still can't believe my phone made it through that tramatic ordeal and survived

shmoo

Reaction score
The bag of rice trick works like a charm. I've used it many a time...unfortunately. haha. Just let it sit for a about a day and you should be good to go.