With all the issues the Galaxy Nexus is having, why is it being proclaimed the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caspruction

Reaction score
Why are well-respected phone information sources like wirefly and phonedog highlighting the Nexus as the best phone on the market when there are numerous issues with it? The Rezound has better specs all the way around, yet the Nexus is better?? I don't get it. Does the fact that it has factory ICS completely make up for the issues of the phone? Seriously... a phone with reception and signal issues is the best??

Reaction score
mine doesn't have signal issues, other than network related ones......and it is the best DancingNexus

WookieClaws

Reaction score
Only issue I have is with battery drain, but I expect that to be fixed in the next couple weeks.

Even with that, it's the best phone I've owned hands down.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Most Galaxy Nexus owners DONT have issues at all, myself included. Keep in mind that people with issues are a lot more noticeable (with their complaints) than people without issues.

cubuff

Reaction score
For sure the best all around phone I've ever had! Coming from all the prior Motorola Droid phones I was sceptical, however not regretting it at all!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Most people don't have issues, so that's why. The minority who have issues are always more vocal and rightfully so. It just seems like there's "all these problems" because this is where people come to figure out their problems. If you check the Rezound forums and the Razr forums you'll still find people having signal/data issues, it's a common problem with LTE devices. Other problems you hear about the Nexus are usually due to software not being updated yet. The problem is most people think it's the phone because they're inexperienced, but it's just growing pains for being the first phone with ICS. If the Rezound or Razr had come with ICS, it would have the same software issues that the Nexus owners sometimes run into, because the problems are software driven. The most important thing to remember is that because Google directly updates the Nexus, it will receive all ICS updates first and it will be the most compatible as well.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Why are well-respected phone information sources like wirefly and phonedog highlighting the Nexus as the best phone on the market when there are numerous issues with it? The Rezound has better specs all the way around, yet the Nexus is better?? I don't get it. Does the fact that it has factory ICS completely make up for the issues of the phone? Seriously... a phone with reception and signal issues is the best??

Ummmm...over at Phonedog, they picked the Skyrocket (SGS2) over the GNex in their dogfight. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dustinslee

Reaction score
Verizon will do what they can to make u happy I have been dropping calls with my nexus I called and they are sending me a new replacement they think Its a radio issue so we shall see tomorrow!

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
And yes, ICS makes that big a difference. I could never go back to a previous version of Android after using the Nexus.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ummmm...over at Phonedog, they picked the Skyrocket (SGS2) over the GNex in their dogfight. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

im not sure if that one counts too much though...gnex is verizon and skyrocket is att, hard to just back and forth between the two lol

pool_shark

Reaction score
I don't know most people so I can't say what issues they have or do not have.

It is not the best phone I've owned due to the voice dialing not being as efficient as my previous Droids and the javascript problems in the browser.

Neither the "new toy" factor nor the pre release hype are enough for me to ignore it's obvious problems.

That said, I do not have signal, wifi, usb transfer, or bootloop issues.

twright86

Reaction score

The Skyrocket is pretty awesome, a friend of mine has one and I got to mess around with it (only if he got to test out my nexus). He loved my phone coincidentally more than his.

Anyways, yeah, with the problems it has...the Galaxy Nexus is one of the best out there.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Root and all your problems can be solved.

Not sure why you are saying the Rezound has better specs all around. Sure some things are better spec wise, but both have their advantages and disadvantages. No way the Rezound is a clear winner spec wise. Depends what your preferences are.

roadrash

Reaction score
I'm not sure why a lot of people are so concerned about having the best phone? Regardless of what you have now, something better is just around the corner anyway. Whatever you have now is way better than what you had 2 years ago. I can only imagine what phones in 10 years will do...

Status
Not open for further replies.