Returning Galaxy Nexus . . . won't hold a signal

Caesars

Reaction score
This whole situation is complete bull crap ;-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
the signal on all my lte phones got better before the update. Vzw's network is largely to blame. they're working on it though, at least in my area

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

???

Reaction score
I just had to get a referb nexus cause I broke my good one, and omg what junk.

it just cycles thru service. It's going back and I'll be using my broken one till another one comes.

I can't believe how bad it is.

twright86

Reaction score
Got the Asurion "special" because my original one got the screen smashed, and now it won't hold regular service, every other text gets sent back. Loved this phone, now I'm pissed.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Got the Asurion "special" because my original one got the screen smashed, and now it won't hold regular service, every other text gets sent back. Loved this phone, now I'm pissed.
Did you try to get it exchanged yet?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'm sure glad I got a brand new replacement when I filed my insurance claim with ensquared :biggrin:

twright86

Reaction score
Did you try to get it exchanged yet?
I went to the Verizon store today and they were playing with it in the back, dude turns 4G off and makes it just CDMA. And send me off on my way.

I tried bringing up that some of these devices had problems out of the box, and the verizon rep said the latest update should have taken care of signal issues.

Umm, no not if there is a hardware issue. I tried factory resetting it and all that jazz, same bull****. Going to have to battle it out AGAIN tomorrow at the verizon store, because I am not just accepting turning off 4G as a cure for the issue. I want to use 4G, not just be without because Verizon refuses to believe this is a hardware problem. Verizon and Asurion, just terrible, about to take an ETF just because I am so annoyed with the non sense lately. Whats it 350 dollars? Thats 3 months worth of service to lose me for life.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I went to the Verizon store today and they were playing with it in the back, dude turns 4G off and makes it just CDMA. And send me off on my way.

I tried bringing up that some of these devices had problems out of the box, and the verizon rep said the latest update should have taken care of signal issues.

Umm, no not if there is a hardware issue. I tried factory resetting it and all that jazz, same bull****. Going to have to battle it out AGAIN tomorrow at the verizon store, because I am not just accepting turning off 4G as a cure for the issue. I want to use 4G, not just be without because Verizon refuses to believe this is a hardware problem. Verizon and Asurion, just terrible, about to take an ETF just because I am so annoyed with the non sense lately. Whats it 350 dollars? Thats 3 months worth of service to lose me for life.

While I have no experience with the gnex, I have tons of experience with vzw....
Keep calling and telling vzw what the deal is, give them the opportunity to try to make it right, I know its irksome and just a pain, but trust me... and make sure that its documented.... then, you say, I want to terminate my contract because you can't provide me with a device that works correctly, or provide me with the service that you say you can... then you should get a clean break, no etf.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

uawildcat76

Reaction score
Same problem

Ijust got the galaxy nexus and it keeps dropping the LTE service. I went back to Verizon and the sales person said that since I hadn't given the phone a full charge it was the reason it would drop the service. :mad: what a load of crap. I will go back tomorrow.

???

Reaction score
??? said:
I just had to get a referb nexus cause I broke my good one, and omg what junk.

it just cycles thru service. It's going back and I'll be using my broken one till another one comes.

I can't believe how bad it is.

just to update, flashed the leaked radios and can't believe how much better it is now.

verizon really should open source cdma and let dev fix their crap like they have to with everything else

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
verizon really should open source cdma and let dev fix their crap like they have to with everything else

Verizon doesn't hold CDMA patents so that would be impossible for them to do so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

???

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that they did. But I could be wrong

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that they did. But I could be wrong

Qualcomm owns most of the CDMA patents. All I believe Verizon does is license the technology from them. Google tried buying rights from Qualcomm to access the CDMA rils, but they couldn't secure an agreement with Qualcomm. Thus why we have to wait for Verizon to test and sign off on an update rather than having it directly pushed from Google.

713King

Reaction score
My galaxy nexus been acting funny being slow, weak signal in strong signal areas and heating up while charging and I want to do a replacement with verizon but the screen on my Nexus has a hair line crack by the ear piece. Is it okay calling verizon or should I do a warranty replacement with asurion??

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
713King said:
My galaxy nexus been acting funny being slow, weak signal in strong signal areas and heating up while charging and I want to do a replacement with verizon but the screen on my Nexus has a hair line crack by the ear piece. Is it okay calling verizon or should I do a warranty replacement with asurion??

Asurion insurance claim.