Keeping my razr or exchanging for Nexus

babymilo

Reaction score
Last Saturday I Signed on and got a Droid Inc 2 but hated HTC and their signal/reception
and went on exchanged at best buy for my Droid Razr.

Overall, my razr is a good phone aside from the fact the camera is not good at all(reminds me of my Droid X) and
it gets laggy every once and awhile.

I see that Target Mobile has the Nexus for 29.99 plus a free samsung dock with it.

What I'm looking for
1. Decent/Good Camera----I've heard mixed results on the Nexus Camera
2. Fast- Little to no lag

I'm aware of the "signal problem" with the Nexus but i really want the phone for it's big screen.

My question for you all is would you still buy this phone today with all that you guys know about it? Taking out the fact it is a pure google phone
which is why most if not all of you brought it, what are the features besides the fact that it is pure android that made you buy it and would you buy it
now or do you recommend I keep the Droid razr or aim for the Rezound(Awesome camera but i dislike htc sense) or new Droid Razr M?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yes I would buy it over again if I had to. This is hands down the best phone I have ever owned. From the screen to the amount of things I can do with it via ROMs, it still amazes me and it still feels like I just got the phone on launch day.

The camera is more than enough for me, though higher quality indoor photos could've been better. I absolutely love the screen on this thing and it's still arguably the best screen on the market to me.

Oh right, the signal issues have been fixed with the new 4.1.1 radios, it's really night and day between these radios and the older ones.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Yes I would buy it over again if I had to. This is hands down the best phone I have ever owned. From the screen to the amount of things I can do with it via ROMs, it still amazes me and it still feels like I just got the phone on launch day.

The camera is more than enough for me, though higher quality indoor photos could've been better. I absolutely love the screen on this thing and it's still arguably the best screen on the market to me.

Oh right, the signal issues have been fixed with the new 4.1.1 radios, it's really night and day between these radios and the older ones.

I couldn't agree more.

Hugg727

Reaction score

This is a perfect response to your question. the camera is a phone camera and it does the job. I have taken some pretty good HD video with it. I still feel like its a new phone and cant believe the capabilities of this thing. For $29.99 you have a future proof phone for the length of your contract. Obviously the S3 has a little bit better CPU specs but I for one, love the pure Android experience and could never deal with the UI's that the manufacturers put on . The dev community is almost a year old on this phone now and has been extremely responsive to what the users have asked for...battery, radios and the like. The HW is good enough for the next 2-3 versions...key lime pie, marshmallow and Nilla Wafer...bring it on!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
And just to add on to new OS possibilities, can pretty much guarantee you that the dev community will have that handled on releasing those ASAP.