Nexus? DROID RAZR maxx? I can't pick one! help!!!

B_BODY_1

Reaction score
I went through 2 galaxy's 2 and my wife went through about 7 Samsungs in a few years. They are all buggy phones. I would never suggest Samsung phones.
Anyways my maxx, my wifes maxx and my sister now has a maxx and they just work with extra battery life

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I went through 2 galaxy's 2 and my wife went through about 7 Samsungs in a few years. They are all buggy phones. I would never suggest Samsung phones.
Anyways my maxx, my wifes maxx and my sister now has a maxx and they just work with extra battery life

If you buy cheap phones you'll get cheap phones. Buy a quality Samsung device and you'll get quality. Same thing applies to all manufacturers.

OP
N

N3xus

Reaction score
Nemo Aeternamn said:
well... This might be just me... But it's a nexus device... Unlock it... And go with a different rom kernel combo... Then the nexus will truly shine... But that's my opinion

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

OK if I root it and unlock it is there a video for rooting for dummies? Haha what is the easy method of rooting?

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting isn't going to fix your rebooting issue. You're using incompatible apps with ICS, it's going to continue rebooting until you get rid of the apps causing the issue.

OP
N

N3xus

Reaction score
Liderc said:
Rooting isn't going to fix your rebooting issue. You're using incompatible apps with ICS, it's going to continue rebooting until you get rid of the apps causing the issue.

OK how do I find out which apps are incompatible with ics?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
OK how do I find out which apps are incompatible with ics?

From post 15

I suggest wiping your phone completely and go a day or two without any apps, see if the rebooting occurs, if it doesn't you have your answer.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well you could list them and we can tell you which ones we know cause issues, or you can uninstall all of them, then install one at a time until you start having reboots.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK if I root it and unlock it is there a video for rooting for dummies? Haha what is the easy method of rooting?

In the gnex section... Look for the thread from wugfresh... His tool kit makes it incredibly slick... And he had a great breakdown/instructions in how to do it

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

B

bens42608

You can root a razr, but the screen still sux :D

Wow. Really? Its a top of the line phone. U obviously don't prefer it but that does not mean it sucks. If we were outside on a sunny day and it was too bright for u to see ur nexus, I guarantee I'd be able to see my bionic's screen a million times better than yours. There's pros and cons for everything but everything non-nexus doesn't suck

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
That's a huge increase of battery life! I'm assuming that this rooms doesn't make your nexus reboot?

something that no one has mentioned yet: how long it takes to charge the maxx. if you're a heavy user like me, you have to charge every night (as i do with my GN anyway)....DancingNexus

Wow. Really? Its a top of the line phone. U obviously don't prefer it but that does not mean it sucks. If we were outside on a sunny day and it was too bright for u to see ur nexus, I guarantee I'd be able to see my bionic's screen a million times better than yours. There's pros and cons for everything but everything non-nexus doesn't suck

icon_%20laughup.gif

same screen res as the droid x, 2 year old OS, not to mention motoblure...

marketing is what sold (and continues to sell) the razr. people think the kevlar back and water "resistant" nano coating make it indestructible :rofl3:

there's plenty of other good phones besides the galaxy nexus, but as this thread only pertains to the razr, that's what i addressed :D

B

bens42608

The razr is the most innovative device to come out since the og. The maxx is genius. Fitting all that power in such a thin package- batteries are a very important next step for 4g phones. I don't even have a razr and I have mad respect for what moto did. A fricken 3300 mah battery in a device that's thinner than yours stock. The screen looks perfectly fine- you can put them next to eachother and barely tell a difference.

Last edited by a moderator: