windows phone not for me, I'm back

wantit

Reaction score
I let the girl at the verizon store talk me into getting a windows phone8 for my upgrade, (it was free) big mistake! to be honest, the phone itself is great, nokia 822 but the windows 8 system sucks, not too many apps, and not even close to android. so I reactivated my trusty droid X, and threw the nokia in the desk drawer.

OP
W

wantit

Reaction score
I got it the first week of february, and I took it back once within the 14 days, but they assured me the apps would be coming out at over 400 a month, so I tried to stick with it. all I wanted was a simple reminder app to let me know if I missed a call or text, nothing even close! like I said, the phone was free, so I'm really not too upset about it.

Wreckey

Reaction score
I let the girl at the verizon store talk me into getting a windows phone8 for my upgrade, (it was free) big mistake! to be honest, the phone itself is great, nokia 822 but the windows 8 system sucks, not too many apps, and not even close to android. so I reactivated my trusty droid X, and threw the nokia in the desk drawer.

Welcome back to the family :hail:

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome back wantit.

If it's not HD it might as well be a newspaper.

diablo81588

Reaction score
I got it the first week of february, and I took it back once within the 14 days, but they assured me the apps would be coming out at over 400 a month, so I tried to stick with it. all I wanted was a simple reminder app to let me know if I missed a call or text, nothing even close! like I said, the phone was free, so I'm really not too upset about it.

It wasn't free, you used an upgrade. Now you're stuck with your 3 year old droid x for another two years! I'd sell the Nokia and pick up a used android phone if I were you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd go back to that same girl and tell her what you really think about windows phone. And make sure you speak loud enough for other customers to hear you.

Got to give you props for trying windows phone in first place, I wouldn't be brave enough.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
The apps are definitely lacking as of yet but I really like the W8 interface. I'm using Launcher8 on my X2. It's actually more customizable than my W8 desktop PC at the moment. At least until Windows Blue, or W8.1, hits in Aug/Sep.

scott craft

Reaction score
Apps and lack of notification center are the biggest weaknesses of Windows Phone. For the relatively small percentage of the market I think Windows Phone is doing well with its app selection, but instagram and the trendy apps are still missing.

OP
W

wantit

Reaction score
If and when windows finally catches up with the apps, I may get the nokia out of the desk, dust it off, and give it another try!