Wifi Tether (free)

Network key

I'm trying to connect my Xp laptop to my Droid 1. The lapto tells me that I am connected but need a network key. Where do I get it?

I can't get wifi tether for root users to work at all on my D2. Worked great on my D1. While I can get Barnacle Wifi Tether to work fine I really really need the bluetooth PAN server option because my corporate laptop has ad-hoc connections through wifi diabled and I can't find a way to re-enable it. So anyone that has the bluetooth portion of wifi tether working on their DROID 2 please msg me with your settings. Or any help getting it going. I have tried what seems like everything, but maybe I missed something. I even went to the developers site and tried using the latest pre build, but No luck. Thanks in advance for any help!

Nuc.

From kgbmiker:

"Network key
I'm trying to connect my Xp laptop to my Droid 1. The lapto tells me that I am connected but need a network key. Where do I get it? "

You first set it in the tether app on your droid, and then use that as the key on your computer

WPA/WPA2 for Droid 2 Froyo?

anybody get this to work with the root'd tether app?

anybody get this to work with the root'd tether app?
If you mean Barnacle, the WEP security doesn't work when viewing it from a computer (but it does prompt for password when logging on with another phone). Looks like there's a bit of tweeking the developers need to do before Barnacle will do WEP with Froyo.

Back