WiFi Scanning

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Does not work for me.

I loaded up FRF57 and tried out Wifi - it worked. I grabbed the file, reloaded my back up and put the copied the file in.

Turn on wifi and it says "Error" where it would normally say connected.

Reboot the phone: now when trying to start wifi it either FCs or turns itself off.

roll3r

Reaction score
Does not work for me.

I loaded up FRF57 and tried out Wifi - it worked. I grabbed the file, reloaded my back up and put the copied the file in.

Reboot the phone: now when trying to start wifi it either FCs or turns itself off.

Shoot. Thought I was on to something. You did the chmod, chown, and chgrp commands as well?

Since you're still having problems, can you flash this kernel and see if it helps? New wlan driver built from source:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6011176/jdlfg1000.v32.2.0.zip

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Does not work for me.

Shoot. Thought I was on to something. You did the chmod, chown, and chgrp commands as well?

Since you're still having problems, can you flash this kernel and see if it helps? New wlan driver built from source:

No commands, I did it through Root Explorer, is there a way to do those through root explorer?

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
The kernel did not make a difference either.

roll3r

Reaction score
Does not work for me.

No commands, I did it through Root Explorer, is there a way to do those through root explorer?

You can change the permissions in Root Explorer, but not the owner/group. Long-press wpa_supplicant and select permissions. Make sure that User Read, User Write, Group Read, and Group Write are checked. However, since the ownership and group are probably wrong, go ahead and check all the boxes!

You should also download "Android Terminal Emulator" from the Market. This will let you run commands right on your phone, so no ADB needed.

BTW, still haven't had any wifi issues since doing this!

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score

You can change the permissions in Root Explorer, but not the owner/group. Long-press wpa_supplicant and select permissions. Make sure that User Read, User Write, Group Read, and Group Write are checked. However, since the ownership and group are probably wrong, go ahead and check all the boxes!

You should also download "Android Terminal Emulator" from the Market. This will let you run commands right on your phone, so no ADB needed.

BTW, still haven't had any wifi issues since doing this!

I've got terminal too, I'm flashing the new froyo from source right now and then going to try one of the other kangerade themes, but if it does not work out can you give me step by step on what I need to do in root explorer/terminal? I'm new to this so I don't want to miss a step.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Did a wipe, installed regular froyo. Downloaded rom manager and used it to download the kangerade 1.1 customizer.

Initial boot up of kangerade: wireless is working again.
So far the difference is this install was through the customizer versus installing from the zip I downloaded and moved to the sdcard.

I am going to slowly start putting my phone back to how I like it and monitor the wireless, see if I can figure out whats breaking it.

roll3r

Reaction score
I've got terminal too, I'm flashing the new froyo from source right now and then going to try one of the other kangerade themes, but if it does not work out can you give me step by step on what I need to do in root explorer/terminal? I'm new to this so I don't want to miss a step.

I gave you step-by-step here. Just skip the lines that say anything about ADB (i.e. adb shell):

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/54186-wifi-scanning-2.html#post581910

I sent you a PM with my GTalk info. Just hit me up there if you need any help (I may not be able to respond right away, but I'll be around). Also jeep in mind that this fix is just a theory, albeit one that I can replicate over and over.

OP
JP 5.56

JP 5.56

Reaction score
Its been working for me since I wiped it and started fresh yesterday. Maybe there was something wrong with the first kangerade zip I downloaded? Will keep you up to date.