WIFI @ home will not work

Davidbiz

Reaction score
I have not been able to connect to my office WiFi since installing a 2.2 ROM. I tried these ROMs (With full wipe and delete cache between installs): BuglessBeast, Kangerade, CM6, Lithium, and ChevyNo1's. I tried a bunch of different kernels too: p3, ChevyNo1, and others.

My home Wifi works fine though (venerable Linksys WRT54g with WPA2 & TKIP encryption). I even tuned the Cisco Wireless access points in the office back and forth from WEP and WPA/WPA2, and TKIP and AES encryption. Nothing seems to work. After trying to connect a few times, I get "Disabled" in the connection status. Yes, I already tried the "forget connection" option.

I also have 8 Co-workers in my office with DROID 1's (All stock), they had no problem connecting at the office. However, last Friday they all got the 2.2 OTA update from Verizon and now none of them can connect to the WiFi in the office. It seems to be only certain wireless routers/access points that do not work. I thought it had something to do wtih wirelss security or encryption, but switching modes did not help and it doesn't explain why my Droid works fine at my house.

This is clearly a firmware/software problem with Froyo 2.2 and even VERIZON have begun acknowledging it. Google...Motorola...whoever...let's get this fixed ASAP.

Car

Reaction score
Why not post it as a bug on google's bug tracker, if it is not already listed of course. They have an extensive list of known bugs and "possible" bugs reported by everyday users. They are rated low, medium and high priority based on how many people track the problem. The more folks with this issue the faster they will work on it, you get the idea. The list can be found here.

benb1974

Reaction score
battled this for awhile
solution wpa settings to tkip only.. not auto not aes
two routers later
multiple wireless devices worked on both
since this have not dropped off once

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
battled this for awhile
two routers later

Just tried what you suggested. Same results. No connection still :mad:

Car

Reaction score
battled this for awhile
two routers later

Have you tried leaving the network wide open?

Two things I have experienced will produce the same symptoms you are experiencing:
1.) MAC Address filtering <----your not on the list!
2.) Wrong Pass Key <---protected networks

Hope you get this resolved. I battled with my wifi for awhile when I first got my Droid. A new router was the only thing that worked
My old 802.11G belkin router just would not work. Weird too because the Droid does not utilize 802.11N :-/

Davidbiz

Reaction score
Why not post it as a bug on google's bug tracker, if it is not already listed of course. They have an extensive list of known bugs and "possible" bugs reported by everyday users. They are rated low, medium and high priority based on how many people track the problem. The more folks with this issue the faster they will work on it, you get the idea. The list can be found here.

I'll try that as it does seem to be a growing issue. How do I do this?

Thanks

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
battled this for awhile
two routers later

Have you tried leaving the network wide open?

Two things I have experienced will produce the same symptoms you are experiencing:
1.) MAC Address filtering <----your not on the list!
2.) Wrong Pass Key <---protected networks

Hope you get this resolved. I battled with my wifi for awhile when I first got my Droid. A new router was the only thing that worked
My old 802.11G belkin router just would not work. Weird too because the Droid does not utilize 802.11N :-/

-Can't leave network open in an office of 120+ people. Also, tried removing passkey just for troubleshooting, didn't make a difference.
-MAC address filtering is not used on our public layer of our WLAN.
-Passkey is correct. Checked and re-entered it literally thousands of times.

Last edited:

Car

Reaction score

I'll try that as it does seem to be a growing issue. How do I do this?

Thanks

Click the link above. Do a search for "wifi" and read all the post titles to see if someone already posted this issue. If they have, click the yellow star to add yourself as to the number of people awaiting a fix. The more people that have this problem, the faster they will supposedly work on the problem.

If you do not find your bug listed, make sure your signed into your Google account and create a new thread describing your problem. Hope this helps...

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Wow, been away for a while. Intresting that this issue has gathered steam since the update went live. Sure wish smeone could present a fix.

Davidbiz

Reaction score
Thanks. I did just that. Hopefully the issue will gain some momentum and credibility! :)

Davidbiz