Does Absolute System work?

Spike760

Reaction score
Does Absolute System work?

I've used Kangerade since v.1.0 and I loved when Jrummy added the Kangerade Scripts apps since I suck with all the coding; and I pretty much only used it to uninstall unneeded apps; which boosted my Quadrant score over 200 points. I tried to use the Absolute System app which seems to be the same thing as Kangerade scripts to uninstall some apps I don't need such as Pandora and twitter, but everytime I try to uninstall it just says Failure!

Should I clear my data/cache? Or would that be for nothing?

Does anyone else have any problems with it?

Without uninstalling the apps, I can still score a higher Quadrant score on Kangerade 5.0.9 (1606) than with the Lithium Mod (highest was in the 1400's).

Droid_2010

Reaction score
Everytime I went into it(twice), it just froze up and I had to do a FC. Each time I was trying to set how Apps2sd was setup. Never tried anything else.

EDIT: I did full wipe x 2 and wiped cache data x4 before installing Lithium.

Last edited:

foxdog

Reaction score
try using the allinone script, i think (dont quote me on this) Absolute System is still a work in progress, where allinone script wouldnt apply the comic font (only issue i found in it) Absolute System did apply it.

OP
S

Spike760

Reaction score
try using the allinone script, i think (dont quote me on this) Absolute System is still a work in progress, where allinone script wouldnt apply the comic font (only issue i found in it) Absolute System did apply it.

Where do you access the allinone script? Do you need the terminal emulator app?

foxdog

Reaction score
yea terminal emulator, su (enter) allinone (enter) then you just pick different numbers for what you want

i use sufbs, its a root explorer, terminal emu, and a few other things too

OP
S

Spike760

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I downloaded a Terminal Emulator, and was able to use the allinone script. I still only scored a 1488 on the Quadrant test after deleting a few apps, but I also have gotten rid of my TasKiller since then because I thought it was more trouble than it's worth but I think I'm gonna redownload it and try again.

Droid_2010

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I downloaded a Terminal Emulator, and was able to use the allinone script. I still only scored a 1488 on the Quadrant test after deleting a few apps, but I also have gotten rid of my TasKiller since then because I thought it was more trouble than it's worth but I think I'm gonna redownload it and try again.

Which task killer were you using/trying? Just curious. I'm thinking of trying a few new ones.

BTW, Allinone script worked perfectly for me on lithium.

foxdog

Reaction score
you guys should try autokiller, i set it to moderate and never hafta kill anything, my system runs smooth

canvs2321

Reaction score
If ppl are getting errors with absolute system maybe try downgrading the superuser app. I hear that its forgetting permissions and just generally unstable. I think version 2.2.2 or something likethat

foxdog

Reaction score
If ppl are getting errors with absolute system maybe try downgrading the superuser app. I hear that its forgetting permissions and just generally unstable. I think version 2.2.2 or something likethat

i cant stand superuser 2.2.2 its the one having issues

canvs2321

Reaction score
Absolute System is working fine for me. The only problem I have is when trying to remove apps (Car Home and News/Weather, for example.) It just says failure when trying to remove them. Everything else is working no problem, though.

If the don't uninstall just use the file browser to goto the. Directory its installes in. Ie /system/app and delete or rename to remove. Like /system/app/geniewidget.apk to geniewidget.apk.Baker or just delete it. For the weather app

canvs2321

Reaction score
The method i have to uninstall apps will not uninstall /system/apps, as package manager won't do it, i'm gonna change it to just delete the apk from /system/apps and it's corresponding /data/data directory. So for now if you are wanting to remove system apps, just use the file browser in absolute system to goto /system/app and just delete or rename the apk to apk.bak if you want to use it at a later time, or just copy it to the sdcard then delete from /system/app

canvs2321

Reaction score
just updated the app on the market with a /system/app uninstall fix. As i stated before my previous method wouldn't work with /system/apps so now I just have it delete the .apk file in /system/app and you have the choice still to keep data/cache or remove it :)

foxdog

Reaction score
just updated the app on the market with a /system/app uninstall fix. As i stated before my previous method wouldn't work with /system/apps so now I just have it delete the .apk file in /system/app and you have the choice still to keep data/cache or remove it :)

nice, and i just got the update dancedroid lol