Wifi hotspot quit working

tek930

Reaction score
I have Wifi tether for root that was working fine up till about a week ago. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work again. Does anyone know of a simple wifi hotspot that will work with ver. 4.1.2.

s_cuttic

Reaction score
Try to wipe the data and cache for the app. It did just have an update in the play store a few days ago. It's still working fine for me even after the update.

OP
T

tek930

Reaction score
I have tried clearing the cache and data and that didn't work. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it...and that didn't work. I also installed Foxfi and tried it. I get a connection with Foxfi but can't transfer any data or go to any web pages. Any other suggestions?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I have tried clearing the cache and data and that didn't work. I have tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it...and that didn't work. I also installed Foxfi and tried it. I get a connection with Foxfi but can't transfer any data or go to any web pages. Any other suggestions?

Run PDANet, not FoxFi.

OP
T

tek930

Reaction score
Thanks leeshor, I will give that a try this evening and see if it works.

chiefcash

Reaction score
I am having the same issue as well. Worked on 6/15 then all of a sudden it stopped.

Irontyke

Reaction score
I had the same problem, Foxfi would show connection but no Internet. Rebooted phone and laptop once or twice and it works again. I wonder if the Windows update had changed something....

OP
T

tek930

Reaction score
The Pdanet worked for me where foxfi didn't. Rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling didnt work eitber. Thank you leeshor for the good lead. I hope it keeps working for me.

cbreze

Reaction score
OP, did you say you have root access? If so why not use sQLite editor to change entitlement value to "0" and use the maxx's hotspot. I'm not running JB but I believe it works for it. Been doing it this way for past 18 months. Works great.

OP
T

tek930

Reaction score
I have never heard of it before. I am still learning all kinds of new stuff. I may give this a try....is it a free app?

cbreze

Reaction score
I have never heard of it before. I am still learning all kinds of new stuff. I may give this a try....is it a free app?
Not free but cheap and a godsend to enable the hotspot for those without Verizon's blessings. Search youtube for Verizon hotspot hack or droid razr Maxx hotspot hack and there are tons of how to videos. Never have to mess with PDA or foxfi or any of that crap again. Only requirement is to be rooted. Check you tube first if you like to verify the process before buying the app. Best hack ever.