Razr Maxx stuck on mobile hotspot turning on after sqlite wifi hack

Mike0657

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Razr Maxx
So I got myself into a boot loop the other day and had to reinstall using RSD Lite. I'm running stock JB 4.1.2 and had wifi tether working using sqlite editor wifi tether hack. I tried to go through the process again, but this time when I select mobile tether in settings it stays greyed out and says "mobile hotspot is turning on". This stays like that until I reboot. I'm not getting the checking subscription dialogue that I used to get before the hack.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

s_cuttic

Reaction score
So I got myself into a boot loop the other day and had to reinstall using RSD Lite. I'm running stock JB 4.1.2 and had wifi tether working using sqlite editor wifi tether hack. I tried to go through the process again, but this time when I select mobile tether in settings it stays greyed out and says "mobile hotspot is turning on". This stays like that until I reboot. I'm not getting the checking subscription dialogue that I used to get before the hack.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

Did you figure it out? I'm stuck with the mobile hotspot trying to start as well but it just basically freezes until I reboot.

I was using CM11 but went back to the stock ROM last night. Mobile Hotspot was working prior to flashing CM11 and it worked while on CM11, but now that I went back to stock it doesn't.

I changed the entitlement check to 0, rebooted and still no luck. I even changed it back to 1, rebooted, changed it back to 0, rebooted and still no luck.

I tried wiping data using titanium backup and even force stopping the app not again, no luck.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Bump...

Any suggestions members????

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Bump again!! Anyone???

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Only suggestion I have is Factory Data Restore.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmm.. Sounds like somehow the loophole got closed.. I had this issue once, with my razr maxx.. I cleared the data and cache on the entitlement app.. Reset the check back to 0..and it works.. Still to this day.. But.. I didn't take the update a few months back.. Idk if that has anything to do with it..

InspiredQ

Reaction score
Hmm.. Sounds like somehow the loophole got closed.. I had this issue once, with my razr maxx.. I cleared the data and cache on the entitlement app.. Reset the check back to 0..and it works.. Still to this day.. But.. I didn't take the update a few months back.. Idk if that has anything to do with it..
Hmm..., I'll try this

s_cuttic

Reaction score
I gave up on it and flashed CM11 again. Tethering works fine on CM11.

I wonder why tethering works on other rom's but not the stock one. Tethering is still turned on from in the system settings but maybe it's must a totally different app than stock android.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I gave up on it and flashed CM11 again. Tethering works fine on CM11.

I wonder why tethering works on other rom's but not the stock one. Tethering is still turned on from in the system settings but maybe it's must a totally different app than stock android.
The answer to that is simple. Because Verizon wants to charge you!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't think it will work on the razr maxx with the latest update.. Or does it?? I can't remember

Reactions: cr6

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Ya know, I believe your right. My bad!

S5 tap'n
Lol.. Its funny.. I was so "on top" of that device.. Now... I have a hard time remembering most things about it.. And i still own 3...