Razr Maxx stuck on mobile hotspot turning on after sqlite wifi hack

David Line

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
A couple of Motorola RAZR MAXX
I think I figured this one out! Or at least what is causing it. I have two Motorola RAZR MAXX's and I tried installing Safestrap and Cyanogenmod 11 one one of them a few days ago... After doing that, and deciding I didn't like it, I tried to boot back in to the stock rom only to discover that now, the mobile hotspot doesn't work anymore! After days and days of trying various things, what I just discovered is that if I REMOVE safestrap recovery, the problem goes AWAY! I am back on Stock, rooted, using the built in mobile hotspot option... What an ordeal though..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Interesting... I don't use safestrap..glad you got it figured out.

David Line

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
hmm, that is interesting. I think the guy who first asked the question had used safestrap, like me. From what I gather, Safestrap is built on some other program called TWRP. Do you have any sort of custom recovery installed? I can go back and forth now. Install safestrap, lose mobile hotspot. Remove safestrap, regain mobile hotspot. So I am confident they are related in some way. I'm not even using a custom ROM at this point. I merely installed the recovery software part.

David Line

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I guess it was the second guy that commented that he was having the same issue who was closely related to what I had done. He too had installed cyanogenmod 11. Anyway, I see now that you are one of the gurus around here, so I doubt you need my two cents worth. Thanks for the great forum though! Lots of great advice from friendly people.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My device is just rooted.. I use tibu.. That's about it.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm far from a guru lol.. I learn a lot here too. :)