WiFi Hotspot w/root

tek930

Reaction score
I have a new razor maxx ver. 4.0.4 and have not been able to get any hotspot app to work. I am toying with the idea of rooting and trying again. Does anyone have a suggestion on what the best hotspot for a rooted phone is?

GotnFX

Reaction score
I have a new razor maxx ver. 4.0.4 and have not been able to get any hotspot app to work. I am toying with the idea of rooting and trying again. Does anyone have a suggestion on what the best hotspot for a rooted phone is?

Foxfi doesn't work for you? There is WiFi tether for root. There is another but I can't remember offhand. If you do a search with your version you'll come up with a ton of options. This question always comes up.

OP
T

tek930

Reaction score
I can make a connection with Foxfi but can't access any sites with my PC or tablet. If I could get it to work at least once, I would buy the full version. I have tried several other USB tether apps with no success. Foxfi worked like a charm on my droid x but i needed to upgrade to 4G.

yaterml

Reaction score
I can make a connection with Foxfi but can't access any sites with my PC or tablet. If I could get it to work at least once, I would buy the full version. I have tried several other USB tether apps with no success. Foxfi worked like a charm on my droid x but i needed to upgrade to 4G.

Does it show a triangle with an '!' over your Wifi on your computer? Or are you usb or bt hotspotting?

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
I'd root and forget about toying with foxfi I swear it varies on all phones

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

tarheelmike

Reaction score
Foxfi works fine on my Maxx w/o root. You just have to use the generic network name and no password. Since the hotspot is fairly low broadcast power is the security really that important?

cbreze

Reaction score
Root and use the SQLite hack and be done with it as it connects using the phones built in hotspot and works every time.
I've been using it for a year now and it always connects, never an issue.

iimxliive

Reaction score
I have a Samsung gs3 and a windows xp computer I tried using alot of different wifi apps and last one I tried was FoxFi and it connects and all but it seems to only connect to basic things like facebook google... Im trying to go to this other website but the website wont load ? I researched alot and I think it has to do with APN ? Im very lost I just want to visit the websites I want on the computer using wifi with my galaxy s3 ... Someone please help as soon as possible..

sl4sh3r

Reaction score
Stop using foxfi and root haha

Galaxy 3 and xp haha what a combo

Sent from my DROID r4z3r running JB

OP
T

tek930

Reaction score
Well, I got Foxfi to work without root. It has something to do with my wireless router on my home network. As soon as I power off my router, foxfi started working. May still root though. What are the advantages to rooting?

yaterml

Reaction score
There used to exist a good pro vs con on rooting FAQ on here somewhere.

dabootsan

Reaction score
Root and use the SQLite hack and be done with it as it connects using the phones built in hotspot and works every time.
I've been using it for a year now and it always connects, never an issue.

Can you link to this hack or explain how to do it? I am rooted, Arctic HD, 4.0.4, XT912.

Thanks
Rob

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I love windows xp I think it was the best thing Microsoft ever made

Sent from my vzw Galaxy Note 2