Why is a Droid better than an I-phone?

Diordna

Reaction score
Lets put it this way... if you like customizing, then stick with the Droid.

No, if you like a good phone that does to much that the iphone can't handle, then stick with the droid.

You know who took the bite out of that apple in their logo?
It was an android.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Lets put it this way... if you like customizing, then stick with the Droid.

Widgets and wallpapers are not possible on the iPhone. For that reason, I will never own one. Plus, you can download apps on the Droid that make it appear to be very similar to the iPhone. Oh, and it is impossible to multi-task on the iPhone. Apps do not run in the background, and if they do, and you cannot pull down the notification bar to switch from one app to another, so in order to check email or texts, you have to back out of the current app and then enter the other.

However, if you prefer to use your phone to listen to music, then get the iPhone, because the music software works seamlessly. In terms of that, and the syncing with iTunes, the Apple devices are still way out in front.

This is simply NOT the case, I have had an iphone for 2 years now,
Wallpapers and widgets ARE possible and extremely easy to setup, as are themes.

Multi tasking has been around (unofficially) for about 2 years as well using a program called backgrounder, and works well, you can even setup backgrounder to work like helicopter mode or like a palm pre showing you the current running apps.

My beef with the iPhone and the reason why I want to go with the new Shadow/extreme is the following,.

First off, Browsing the web on the iPhone SUCKS, its slow and many pages do not work correctly without flash, (or you get a watered down iPhone website.)

After 2 years, im just sick and tired of the iPhone os, to me its old hat and boring, and OS 4.0 is just more of the same with these so-called "NEW" features that have been around now for a long time. Same with the iPhone 3g, it records video just fine. BUT Apple and jobs took it out on spite to sell more 3GS phones instead Jailbreak and record all the video you want with the 3g.

I couldn't stand dealing with iphone os for another 2 years...

Apps, Yea there ARE some cool games and apps for the iphone, but I end up playing with them for 5 minutes and never touch them again. Many games are terrible to play on a touchscreen, no matter HOW good it is...

99% of the appstore apps for the iphone are complete rubbish,

But one good point about the iphone is that all "major" apps hit the iphone first and eventually get Android support for instance the XM-Sirius satellite radio app, this was a big deal in the Android world but has been out FOREVER on the iphone and are usually pretty crappy in comparision in looks and performance like the Facebook app. -This really needs to be fixed.

While iPhone 4 will have a very high resolution screen, its still TINY and looks old hat compared to phones like the evo and the new shadow-xtreme, They did this so all the older apps would still work..

I like the new bigger screens better to surf the web, and have the ability to view a website like it was intended on a PC, and perform like it too, this is when I decided that my next handset will be a new-gen Android device.

Itunes? HAH I HAAAAAAAATE itunes and syncing up my iphone with it, first off its slow ass balls.. im talking SLOW..

Secondly, I like to dictate what I do with my media files in my own folders, its so much simpler for me to take my folders in windows and drag them to the phone and be good to go... I can do this with an Android device.

Im just hoping the Android market gets better with faster releases or releases as the same time as the iPhone, because even browsing the android market website it seems to suck pretty hard, Unless im going to the wrong site?

Android.com - Market

seems like the content is scattered here and there and hard to find anything usefull.

I depend heavily on the following apps on the iPhone, but havent been able to find anything too similar for Android,.

Jaddu RDP client,
NAVIGON
facebook - (hopefully the FULL pc web version on froyo with flash??)
Orblive (stream my media collection to my phone.)
XM Skydock. (a really nice car dock that integrates XM-Sirius satellite radio, looks like i will have to buy a permenant XM radio for my car.)

Then we have AT&T's service. terrible in my area, I have 2 iPhones currently, mine and my wifes, and we were promised new towers were going in, etc and 18 mo. into our contract we STILL cant use the phones at our house.

71 minutes we used out of our plan last month and we curently have OVER 10,000 rollover minutes,... I called and called to try and get a fem-to-cell unit but its release keeps getting pushed back.

ATT agreed to give us a 3 month credit on our bill and that was that,.. so I should be able to get right out of my contract pretty easily without paying an ETF.

Verizon in my area, while not too good as far as DATA coverage shows full voice coverage in my area, (very rural part of NE PA.)

And thats about all that I see is currently missing with Android, however I never actually USED an Android device for more than 4-5 minutes so i could be very wrong here, someone set me straight.

Any other questions about the iPhone? to one of the OP earlier in this thread, Jailbreaking is not hard, infact a child can do it,.
you plug your phone in, run an app like blackra1n, click GO,. and the phone reboots.. thats it...

I hope this shed some light on the other side of the fence.

Update: wow, ok it looks like we DO have Navigon, Orblive and a comparable RDP client for Android.. cool.

Well thats cause IPhone is older, Im sure you will start to see apps made for android first, very soon..

zMd113

Reaction score
Wanna' be Incredible? Eat Incredible! oh wait that's the egg commercial...
Seriously stay with Verison I'm so pissed off with AT&T, terrible coverage!

Diordna

Reaction score
Doesn't AT&T's new commercial focus strictly on their coverage? You see all the people running around everywhere with this orange cloth things symbolizing coverage? lol

I thought it was a funny commercial, like a parody of AT&T

But it was a real commercial..

Darkseider

Reaction score
Wow. Which is better? That's like asking if a real woman is better than a blow up sheep! Droid! In all seriousness. ANY Android device, including the G1, is equal to or superior to the iPhone in almost every respect. A quick anectdotal example.

My wife has a Moto Backflip on AT&T, yeah I know don't ask... Anyway, she came from an iPhone 2G/3G and since having the Backflip will NEVER go back to an iPhone. Now the Backflip is a lower end device as far as hardware specs go but has an excellent build quality. The only thing she is waiting for is Android 2.1 on the unit which is due out by Moto Q3 this year. Otherwise and this is her words, and I quote "I can't believe I dealt with an iPhone all this time! Why didn't you tell me about Android sooner?". She is more than happy with MotoBlur because she is a social network freak. She loves the apps. and with a little help from me I can sideload apps on the device through ADB shell. In any case I suggest any Android device hands down over the iPhone.

deathshead

Reaction score
Wanna' be Incredible? Eat Incredible! oh wait that's the egg commercial...
Seriously stay with Verison I'm so pissed off with AT&T, terrible coverage!

Totally! pulling out of ATT and all be dammed if i pay a dime for the ETF,
going to Verizon once Droid 2 and Shadow-extreme are released, (my wife is tired of the touch kb on the iphone.)