Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

kmarmet

Reaction score
If it's anything like the Nexus One...no thanks..."been there, done that". The N1 felt as I was going to break the damn thing... very sleek and slim but I prefer function over form... As great as the AMOLED screen looked indoors it was painfully bad outside.

I hear you... all of a sudden people are coming out hating on the droid...even long time members of this forum "can't wait until the incredible comes out"..."and will put the droid on ebay"... :icon_rolleyes:

I'll stay with my boxy looking great droid with a physical keyboard thank you very much.
took the words right out of my mind. people are quick to jump on the bandwagon. i personally think the incredible would be too lightweight and would break much easier. and everyone complains about the physical jeyboard..why? its not the best but its waaayyy better than constantly typing onscreen, imo of course. i love my moto droid and i dont think ill switch for a camera, i have a digital camera. i dont need two.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

iPirate

Reaction score
If it's anything like the Nexus One...no thanks..."been there, done that". The N1 felt as I was going to break the damn thing... very sleek and slim but I prefer function over form... As great as the AMOLED screen looked indoors it was painfully bad outside.
I hear you... all of a sudden people are coming out hating on the droid...even long time members of this forum "can't wait until the incredible comes out"..."and will put the droid on ebay"... :icon_rolleyes:

I'll stay with my boxy looking great droid with a physical keyboard thank you very much.
Is N1 good for a female? My gf is with Tmobile so her options are limited...

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Your gf may like the Incredible. It's considerably lighter than the Droid (almost exactly the same weight and size as the iPhone) and the user experience is considerably more polished than the Droid. (Sorry if I'm making some assumptions based on my wife's initial reaction to the Droid.)

iPirate

Reaction score

Your gf may like the Incredible. It's considerably lighter than the Droid (almost exactly the same weight and size as the iPhone) and the user experience is considerably more polished than the Droid. (Sorry if I'm making some assumptions based on my wife's initial reaction to the Droid.)

Is it on Tmobile?

TekHawk

Reaction score

N1 is pretty much on par with the Inc hardware wise but imo the true google phones like the N1 and Droid are not as favored among females as the Sense UI :/ go figure I would trade my Moto Droid for a N1 if I had the option to have it on verizion though

the N1 Droid and the G1 have the most mod community support thats why the G1 has had such a good life span and why the Droid and the Nexus one will both live a good full aftermarket life

Last edited:

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

Is it on Tmobile?

Sorry. I misunderstood. I believe if your gf is going to stay on T-Mobile her choices are limited to the Nexus (from google) and the cliq, mytouch, behold, and the G1.

HCdroid

Reaction score
Wow I see the post I made a while back it's been quoted over and over. Cool. To add more to the discussion. Recently while on my break I went to the Verizon kiosk at the mall I work and "played" with a dummy Incredible.

...I still stand by opinion. Nice,sleek,thin...plastic feel...not my thing. Reminded me again of the N1 I had. To answer some of the questions, yes I do think the N1 will appeal to the female crowd. Please don't get me wrong as in no way I'm implying that he N1 is a "girly" phone...

Almost every female I know: Loves the Iphone or wants an Iphone. If that's not an option (due to carrier) I recommend the N1, Inc, My touch 3g...
But I will say from personal experience with my gf that Sense UI (due to some of the proprietary widgets) is more "user friendly" for her. Me, I like my vanilla android...

PS: when are people going to understand that more megapixels on a phone camera does not automatically mean it's better...Megapixels come into play when/if the pic is PRINTED. Build quality and hardware should be the factors to consider.

griswolds53

Reaction score
i had the droid. i sold it, took a hit on the price and paid retail for the INC.

I did not look back. My main reason was portability. The Motodroid is like holstering a brick in your pocket. If you like that sort of thing then super, but i wanted something that was lighter and thinner. The INC is all of that, even with a stock Verizon case on it. I would google the "awesomeness" of the motodroids keyboard, before you buy one. I think you will find that some of the opinions of the people in this post are the minority. However the screen is better on the motodroid for reading webpages. it is crisper. I think the INC is better for watching videos and browsing youtube. Colors are more vivid. Battery life is not as good as the motodroids, but not earth shattering-life changing, end of the world as we know it better. Maybe an extra hour or more with the motodroid. Buy an extended battery...case closed. The build quality of the INC is good. Its not made of metal like the motodroid...but its a phone, not a space shuttle. It feels solid without weighting a ton.

i love the INC. it was the right choice for me. To each his own. Honestly though...if you are going to buy the motodroid for the keyboard, i suggest reading other threads, and other forums first. seriously.

Last edited:

Akrian

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm totally new to this forum, and I'm totally new to the "droid" thing. I've finally got of my T-mobile contract, and decided to go with Verizon.
The only problem is : DROID or the Incredible.
I've been fighting over this dilema for 3 days now.
I do like the physical keyboard, and although DROID keyboard is kinda bad it's still a keyboard.
I have only cople questions:
A) if I R00T the Droid, and hopefuly hit the 1.0-1.1 ghz, will it be quite safe to use it at this speed without burning the poor thing?
B) does more RAM on Incredible is a real advantage, or there is no need for those additional 256mb as of now in the current gen. of smartphones?
C) will the incredible ever be rooted, or will it suffer the same fate as x10....?
D) if I OC droid, will it still be better in terms of battery life ?
Given the price difference on amazon ( $20 for Droid and 150$ for inc. with the conrtact) .....

I did play with both at verizon store, and Droid gave me impression of being sturdier phone overall, but I'm still not convicne.

iPirate

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm totally new to this forum, and I'm totally new to the "droid" thing. I've finally got of my T-mobile contract, and decided to go with Verizon.
The only problem is : DROID or the Incredible.
I've been fighting over this dilema for 3 days now.
I do like the physical keyboard, and although DROID keyboard is kinda bad it's still a keyboard.
I have only cople questions:
A) if I R00T the Droid, and hopefuly hit the 1.0-1.1 ghz, will it be quite safe to use it at this speed without burning the poor thing?
B) does more RAM on Incredible is a real advantage, or there is no need for those additional 256mb as of now in the current gen. of smartphones?
C) will the incredible ever be rooted, or will it suffer the same fate as x10....?
D) if I OC droid, will it still be better in terms of battery life ?
Given the price difference on amazon ( $20 for Droid and 150$ for inc. with the conrtact) .....

I did play with both at verizon store, and Droid gave me impression of being sturdier phone overall, but I'm still not convicne.
wait a few more and see how fast droid with 2.2 is, ive heard good things

alucard9114

Reaction score
the keyboard is great for games and hacking i cant live without it.The droid has a lot of support also as its been out a few months take it from a guy who has went from an iphone to a droid and am never looking back.

Akrian

Reaction score
I've already seen the results of froyo + OC, seem incredible at least in theory